Support VWWC

Thread: DQ200 Tune

DQ200 Tune

Hi There,

Any one there that done the DSG tune on a DQ200??? If so, what are your thoughts?

I just bought one MK7 Wagon and I'm very disappointed with the transmission, don't get me wrong, I had a Passat b6 with a DQ200 and was very pleasant to drive. I also drive everyday a MK7.5(from work) with the same gearbox and it’s a totally different car! WAY more responsive than my wagon with the same drive train. Sometimes I’m already in 7th gear at less than 60km/h! and always shifts in lows 1k rpms. The MK7.5 shifts just before the 2k.

There is any way to flash the same software? Or just tuning?

Cheers.

I know this sounds like a stupid answer, but is the work 7.5 in Sport mode and your 7 wagon in normal Drive mode?

Given these settings adjust when the vehicle up shifts, it sounds like it could be that.

(But given you’ve driven your fair share of DSQ200s, this was probably the first thing you checked!)

Users Country Flag
    We have a DQ200 tune (from TVS through Harding Performance) on my daughter's A1 and it is brilliant. D drives properly now (shift points all adjusted and clamping pressures increased) and you almost never need to go to S .....
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    We have a DQ200 tune (from TVS through Harding Performance) on my daughter's A1 and it is brilliant. D drives properly now (shift points all adjusted and clamping pressures increased) and you almost never need to go to S .....
    Is the point of the increased clamping pressure to minimise clutch slip/wear? If so, do you know if this removes one of the most frequent DQ200 complaints - premature clutch pack replacement?
    2018 Golf GTI, Manual - gone.
    2017 Golf 110tsi Trendline, manual (gone - gladly)
    2007 Golf GTI, Manual, (gone - sadly)
    1978 Golf GLS; 1972 Superbug, (memories)

No, they are both in drive mode. In sport it's wired as well but not that much.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Splashalot View Post
    Is the point of the increased clamping pressure to minimise clutch slip/wear? If so, do you know if this removes one of the most frequent DQ200 complaints - premature clutch pack replacement?
    Yes, the purpose is entirely to prolong the life of the clutch packs. Less slip, more grip.

See here for details
    Harding Performance/TVS DSG Software - 7 speed DQ200 - Harding Performance

Best mod you can do to a DQ200 car IMO, even better than an ECU tune. Incidentally, after we did the DSG tune, my daughter has not felt the need for an ECU tune yet, the car si so much more balanced and responsive.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Cheers!
    2018 Golf GTI, Manual - gone.
    2017 Golf 110tsi Trendline, manual (gone - gladly)
    2007 Golf GTI, Manual, (gone - sadly)
    1978 Golf GLS; 1972 Superbug, (memories)

Thanks for the feedback. I'll contact them and see if they can do it for me.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll contact them and see if they can do it for me.