Support VWWC

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dat batt thread.

Users Country Flag

Dat batt thread.

what batts are everyone running in their VAG MQB / GOLF R , GTI e.t.c (all vagmonsters welcome here)

Currently looking at getting a new one as my one doesnt want to hold charge anymore.. made it to around 5+ years so not a bad life...

already looking at a few different brands / types (most agm tech look the same / barr brand, size and price) and some lithium low kg racing ones look nice but are little bit more expensive (but significantly lighter)... my pocket is feeling a little bit heavy from the cash i saved on my black WANGER install and might have to spend it somewhere... should i lighten my pocket and my engine bay ?...

share ur thoughts , opinion or feedback if anyone has any experience with either lithium racing batts or any batt in particular they want to share . good or bad... what you got now and is it working well? would you buy it again . e.t.c

Users Country Flag
    Hi friend. This info for readily available AGM/EFB options is already covered in this thread so probably best to refer here: EFB versus AGM Battery

The only option missing from that thread is this one: N70 Varta Blue Dynamic EFB 12V 760CCA Start Stop & Dual Purpose - 24 Month Warranty (42 Months in non Start/Stop vehicle) - Every Battery Pty Ltd

As for Lithium options, they are stupid expensive for the battery + mount but some options here:
    ECU, Fuelling & Ignition VW MK7 & 7.5 Golf – Page 2 – Euro Parts Haus

MEGALiFe MV-072 Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Battery – MegaLife Battery Australia

Don't forget to check on Aliexpress too.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 27-06-2022 at 08:26 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    im more interested in what people have running in their car / personal experiences.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    im more interested in what people have running in their car / personal experiences.
    Well the thread I linked to has my experience which I know you love reading about.

As for Lithium, the price makes them completely out of reach and unnecessary for the average driver. I very much doubt anyone on this forum has a Lithium battery. And any miniscule advantage those 20kg lost in fuel savings/better handling on those KF550's for going with a Lithium option would be outweighed by the outrageous cost vs a normal replacement battery.

Normal replacement battery $300-350
    Lithium battery $900-1250
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Well the thread I linked to has my experience which I know you love reading about.

As for Lithium, the price makes them completely out of reach and unnecessary for the average driver. I very much doubt anyone on this forum has a Lithium battery. And any miniscule advantage those 20kg lost in fuel savings/better handling on those KF550's for going with a Lithium option would be outweighed by the outrageous cost vs a normal replacement battery.

Normal replacement battery $300-350
    Lithium battery $900-1250
    with the 20kg saved with the lithium batt maybe i can cut my octane booster usage to 1 bottle per tank.

fyi they are around 800 give or take and u need a tray for another 150.. 1000+ for big ones not necessary

they sound like they are pretty advanced now with bluetooth readouts for voltage / battery life e.t.c and a drain cutout function which leaves enough juice to start if the battery is accidentally drained / electrics left on e.t.c

Just replaced my battery in the MkV R32 F18 Varta Silver Dynamic M/Free Battery - 42 Month Warranty - Every Battery Pty Ltd

F18 Varta Silver Dynamic M/Free Battery – 42 Month Warranty

The old battery was from like 2014 or something crazy - not as crazy as the battery in my Elgrand I also just had to replace, which was the original battery from 2011!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrTony View Post
    Just replaced my battery in the MkV R32 F18 Varta Silver Dynamic M/Free Battery - 42 Month Warranty - Every Battery Pty Ltd

F18 Varta Silver Dynamic M/Free Battery – 42 Month Warranty

The old battery was from like 2014 or something crazy - not as crazy as the battery in my Elgrand I also just had to replace, which was the original battery from 2011!!
    sounds like they did a pretty good job !

Users Country Flag
    Varta every day of the week, my Passat is still rocking the original 2011 battery.
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MIG View Post
    Varta every day of the week, my Passat is still rocking the original 2011 battery.
    Sounds Varta (worth it). what size Varta is it?

Users Country Flag

Looks to be a 5K0 95 105 K 95Ah

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast