Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dat batt thread.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    im assuming a batt that takes up the whole tray is not going to be needing any bolting down
    To assume is to make an ass of u and me.

You don't want a battery that isn't tied down. That's a lot of weight to have deciding it's no longer part of the car and is a free agent to move as its own momentum dictates...
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    If I remember rightly it is part of a roadworthy to ensure the battery is securely restrained correctly.
    Only a fool would not use the bracket
    You are indeed correct.

It’s a favourite target of the police when issuing defect notices.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Manaz View Post
    To assume is to make an ass of u and me.

You don't want a battery that isn't tied down. That's a lot of weight to have deciding it's no longer part of the car and is a free agent to move as its own momentum dictates...
    will have to see when it arrives

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    If I remember rightly it is part of a roadworthy to ensure the battery is securely restrained correctly.
    i actually missed this little bit . couldnt find anything online after seeing this.... actually just want to see how an 80ah batt fits in that tray might need to make something custom or even get a bigger tray if possible.. not sure if itll fit in the engine bay but it might

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    thats imaginative !
    And also possible if battery is in engine compartment
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

after trying the large batt in the oem tray looks like it gets stopped from going into the space properly by the airbox connection / grommet in the corner .... which they designed to cut into the room of the tray instead of being 90'.. which sucks

had a crack at modifying my OEM tray with the help of my trusty battery handsaw, smallish and sharp flathead and rubber mallet (to chisel) and managed to clear enough real estate from inside the tray to fit my new 80ah battery.. it fits exactly where i was hoping it would before i bought it... but had to make sure i removed all weird looking plastic bits of the inside of the walls and make everything as 90' as possible .. and completely remove 2 side wall corner plastic bits at driver side of the tray that blocked it from being securely slid / pushed back under the lock into place...

also cut off whatever was blocking on the airbox connector (didnt need much work).. put it all back together with the airbox and fits fine just to test.. had to remove it all again

waiting on bracket options to arrive will see what works best . will need more modding on the tray to get the bracket on

Update - Hillbilly can sleep well tonight knowing there will be no batteries flying at random kids heads while driving.

Dat batt thread.-20220721_114816-jpg

this is with the airbox and lid on . with all lid screws all fastened . for you guys to see how it all fits.. please excuse the intake hose clamp being off.. it wont be driven like that

Dat batt thread.-20220721_154441-jpgDat batt thread.-20220721_154110-jpg

Users Country Flag

My father recently changed the battery (Varta) on his B6 Passat. It lasted exactly 15 years

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast