Support VWWC

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dat batt thread.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by MIG View Post
    Looks to be a 5K0 95 105 K 95Ah

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    big fkn boppa . u charging it / maintaining it regularly? thats a pretty solid life for a vw batt

whats everyones experiences in here with BOSCH AGM batts (newer MQB platform preferably)

Users Country Flag
    It gets topped out with a CTEK charger when I work on it, servicing, detailing etc, then left on charge to the next day.

I think that along with its location in the boot and how large it is, is the reason it lasted so long.

I will be buying another Varta once this one dies.

MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    whats everyones experiences in here with BOSCH AGM batts (newer MQB platform preferably)
    Like this one? Bosch LN3 AGM / DIN65LH AGM - 760CCA Battery - Mighty Batteries

Should be fine. Has similar/same warranty as most of the other options. Same battery technology. The Bosch batteries have never come up in any searches ive ever done so perhaps they are new?

Even with shipping, this one is a bit cheaper and has been running like a champ in my car for about 3 years. SUPERCHARGE START STOP MF66HSS AGM 760 CCA 24 MONTH WARRANTY BATTERY. – The Battery hub
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 30-06-2022 at 12:31 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Like this one? Bosch LN3 AGM / DIN65LH AGM - 760CCA Battery - Mighty Batteries

Should be fine. Has similar/same warranty as most of the other options. Same battery technology. The Bosch batteries have never come up in any searches ive ever done so perhaps they are new?

Even with shipping, this one is a bit cheaper and has been running like a champ in my car for about 3 years. SUPERCHARGE START STOP MF66HSS AGM 760 CCA 24 MONTH WARRANTY BATTERY. – The Battery hub
    personally looking at SSB or BOSCH for decent prices.. couple hundred bucks cheaper than VARTA which is a couple hundred bucks cheaper than lithium.

Quote Originally Posted by MIG View Post
    It gets topped out with a CTEK charger when I work on it, servicing, detailing etc, then left on charge to the next day.

I think that along with its location in the boot and how large it is, is the reason it lasted so long.

I will be buying another Varta once this one dies.

ok nice work.. maintainace is the key i dont think i was charging it enough while working inside / on the car thru its life... Probably too much sitting with the radio on but no engine

has anyone fit an LN4 sized batt (800cca) in their MQB tray?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    has anyone fit an LN4 sized batt (800cca) in their MQB tray?
    It might physically fit in the tray (its approx 3.5cm longer than the recommended battery for the car) but you will have to come up with a new way to tie the battery down because the factory bracket wont fit any more.

For the very small advantage over the recommended battery im not sure its worth the trouble. And you will be adding another 3-4 kg's over the front wheels.

Buy a good quality charger like a Ctek and stick that on the car a few times a month and the battery will last a long time.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    It might physically fit in the tray (its approx 3.5cm longer than the recommended battery for the car) but you will have to come up with a new way to tie the battery down because the factory bracket wont fit any more.

For the very small advantage over the recommended battery im not sure its worth the trouble. And you will be adding another 3-4 kg's over the front wheels.

Buy a good quality charger like a Ctek and stick that on the car a few times a month and the battery will last a long time.
    yeh got all that.. current batt cant be brought back from the dead so need the new one.. just wanted to see how everyone was going with theirs... im sure its useful for anyone on here needing a batt.. keep the reviews coming good or bad / charge or no charge.

I've charged my battery over most of the life just not leaving the trickle on when im working in it / gotta fix .. so can imagine that damaged it, drains the juice too quickly i find.

Users Country Flag

So many of the electronics stay "alive" when the car is left unlocked and doors open etc. So obviously when working on the car the battery will be getting drained, but also if you leave the car unlocked when you are at home - because so many of the electronics stay alive. Once the car is locked they all shutdown.

I know many people do not lock their cars when parked in their driveway or garage so just putting the info out there. My wife is in the Police and the amount of people who report money etc being stolen out of their car is nuts, and turns out many people do not lock their cars. Opportunists theifs are everywhere.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast