Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dat batt thread.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    So many of the electronics stay "alive" when the car is left unlocked and doors open etc. So obviously when working on the car the battery will be getting drained, but also if you leave the car unlocked when you are at home - because so many of the electronics stay alive. Once the car is locked they all shutdown.

I know many people do not lock their cars when parked in their driveway or garage so just putting the info out there. My wife is in the Police and the amount of people who report money etc being stolen out of their car is nuts, and turns out many people do not lock their cars. Opportunists theifs are everywhere.
    yeh locking ur car door is a must do habit..i did notice the car is properly switched off when its locked so that definately would drain the batts if unlocked for too long or make a habit out of it... for everyone out there...

can anyone in here confirm if you undo the bolt in the battery tray and remove the 680batt , bolt and small bracket.. is there enough room to fit the larger batt.. because it definately looks like its been designed that way to hold the larger batt without the bolt and bracket

Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    can anyone in here confirm if you undo the bolt in the battery tray and remove the 680batt , bolt and small bracket.. is there enough room to fit the larger batt.. because it definately looks like its been designed that way to hold the larger batt without the bolt and bracket
    answer to my own question.

Mk7 GOLF/GTI BATTERY UPGRADE AND CODING - YouTube

--

p.s this video did not answer my question he upgraded from the even smaller batt to the oem size batt.. i thought it was the oem size batt to the oversize one , which it was not.
    Last edited by amunra; 21-07-2022 at 06:13 PM.

So many of the electronics stay "alive" when the car is left unlocked and doors open etc. So obviously when working on the car the battery will be getting drained, but also if you leave the car unlocked when you are at home - because so many of the electronics stay alive. Once the car is locked they all shutdown.

I know many people do not lock their cars when parked in their driveway or garage so just putting the info out there. My wife is in the Police and the amount of people who report money etc being stolen out of their car is nuts, and turns out many people do not lock their cars. Opportunists theifs are everywhere.
    This!

So important to do!

just bought an 1030cca 80AH SSB battery (larger size).. had a choice between bosch and SSB (same size) for the same price. have read good things about SSB so will give that a go as bosch is a known quantity...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    just bought an 1030cca 80AH SSB battery (larger size).. had a choice between bosch and SSB (same size) for the same price. have read good things about SSB so will give that a go as bosch is a known quantity...
    So to be clear and potentially help out other people in the future, is this what you have purchased?

Will be interesting to see if the factory tie down bracket still fits. What are you going to do if it doesnt?

SSB AGM STOP START BATTERY 12V 80AH L315XW175XH190 1030CCA MAINTANENCE FREE - Collier & Miller
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

So to be clear and potentially help out other people in the future, is this what you have purchased?

Will be interesting to see if the factory tie down bracket still fits. What are you going to do if it doesnt?

SSB AGM STOP START BATTERY 12V 80AH L315XW175XH190 1030CCA MAINTANENCE FREE - Collier & Miller
    yeh should be the same one. this is the exact one.

SSB STOP START AGM SS75TI LEAK PROOF BATTERY 12 VOLT EUROPEAN MERCEDES BMW AUDI 9336054006653 | eBay

according to the vids the bracket still fits (which surprised me ).. was just going to take the bracket out and dump the batt in without a bracket at first .... until i saw the bracket fits (refer to vid i pasted earlier).

looks like the tray is designed to fit the larger batt .. it wont be moving anywhere in there when the tray is fully taken up.. they have probably put the bracket as an over caution thing and way to save money on smaller batts from factory

Dat batt thread.-20220702_125504-1-jpgheres a photo of the batt tray (albeit upside down)...

u can see the 3 silver screws towards the end of the tray... the oem bat stops well before the 3rd (closest to end) and needs the bracket to hold it down... the batt is pretty damn heavy to get out of there without the bracket so im assuming a batt that takes up the whole tray is not going to be needing any bolting down

Users Country Flag
    Wont need bolting down until you have to stop in a big hurry and the battery continues unrestrained till it potentially is slowed down by the head of the kid who walked in front of you. If I remember rightly it is part of a roadworthy to ensure the battery is securely restrained correctly.
    Only a fool would not use the bracket

Why is it important that automotive batteries in a vehicle are securely held in place with a proper battery clamp?

Vibration can reduce the life of your car battery, so it is vital that you always use an approved battery clamp to ensure it is properly held down at all times. If not securely fastened, excessive vibration could damage your battery's internal components – creating short circuits and reducing battery life.
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 02-07-2022 at 01:41 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Wont need bolting down until you have to stop in a big hurry and the battery continues unrestrained till it potentially is slowed down by the head of the kid who walked in front of you..
    thats imaginative !

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast