Support VWWC

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Burger Motorsports JB1 Tuning Module + Cable

Users Country Flag

Have a read of this thread relating to the metallic noise - its been shown to be the flex pipe joint on the exhaust downpipe. Actually its a metal mesh that covers the flex joint that makes the noise. Golf R Metallic Ringing Noise

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...4&share_type=t
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    That's very quick and great feed-back guys thanks. Descriptions match what I'm experiencing I think minus the cold/hot part. I definitely remember it being there after a hot run but nonetheless I will have a further read on that thread Lucas_R posted (that's 12 pages already) but I think it's going to boil down to "being a characteristic of the car" ?!

Anyways, a video will make sure we are talking about the same thing, it will be posted by tonight (your: tomorrow morning ), stay tuned...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ringo View Post
    That's very quick and great feed-back guys thanks. Descriptions match what I'm experiencing I think minus the cold/hot part. I definitely remember it being there after a hot run but nonetheless I will have a further read on that thread Lucas_R posted (that's 12 pages already) but I think it's going to boil down to "being a characteristic of the car" ?!

Anyways, a video will make sure we are talking about the same thing, it will be posted by tonight (your: tomorrow morning ), stay tuned...
    I can't say that I've noticed this but I do usual have my music playing fairly loud, so that might be why. I'll try to listen out for it with my music off to see if I can hear anything.
    MK7 Golf GTI 40 Years | Carbon Steel | DSG | Front Windows Tinted | JB1 (Map 6) | Sunroof | Folding Mirrors Retrofitted | Current
    W211 E55 AMG | Previous

Here's a video I made after replacing the downpipe (which did fix the rattle in my car). The flex joint sounds like it's the source of the rattle:

Users Country Flag
    Ok, so tried to catch it yesterday but guess what, the noise was much more lower than usual, almost inaudible so I figured I would only confuse you guys more.

BUT, I remembered I had a shaken vid from the first time I heard it (excuse image and quality) when it was much more pronounced and here goes:

https://youtu.be/1vFovml9C7A

Now that I think about it it's more like a "groan" than a vibration? (English is not my mother language so could be using wrong terms). Notice the noise coming on exactly at 2400-2500 and going away soon after. Also notice how on the first couple of passes from 2500 rpm the noise is heard both on the way up the revs but also on the way down with foot completely off the the throttle (that's when I thought it can't be the JB1).

I am not entirely convinced it's the same thing people have been compaining about on their R's right now?

Users Country Flag
    Ok, so tried to catch it yesterday but guess what, the noise was much more lower than usual, almost inaudible so I figured I would only confuse you guys more.

BUT, I remembered I had a shaken vid from the first time I heard it (excuse image and quality) when it was much more pronounced and here goes:

https://youtu.be/1vFovml9C7A

Now that I think about it it's more like a "groan" than a vibration? (English is not my mother language so could be using wrong terms). Notice the noise coming on exactly at 2400-2500 and going away soon after. Also notice how on the first couple of passes from 2500 rpm the noise is heard both on the way up the revs but also on the way down with foot completely off the the throttle (that's when I thought it can't be the JB1).

I am not entirely convinced it's the same thing people have been compaining about on their R's right now?
    Yep heard what you're describing on the way up and down and that's a different noise to what I'm hearing in mine, I barely even notice a noise in mine now but I think I might just be getting used to it but it's definitely a different noise to the one you're hearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Yes it's different than what people describe (and hear) in the Golf R metallic noise thread. Also, I removed the JB1 and the rattle/groan is still there (as suspected) so it's not related. No need to continue about it here as it might give the wrong impression to someone just quickly browsing through this thread.

Users Country Flag
    Not sure if it's appropriate (I'll delete it if it isn't) but if anyone browsing this thread is interested in a JB1 but has missed the group buy, I am selling my JB1 over here.
    2016 GTI Performance | Pure White | JB1 | Dog Bone | Full Tint | Stop/Start Delete | Avatar by sandwg

Users Country Flag
    Don't like it?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LibraR View Post
    Don't like it?
    Freakin' loved it and made really good use of it while it was on the car.

Unfortunately/fortunately I am going to be a first time father in a few months and it has become apparent the Mrs needs a more appropriate car for baby carrying duties. I'll be letting my GTI go, buying my wife a new 'Tig (probably) and driving her Lancer until the panic of being a new father settles down...then I'll buy something faster than the GTI

I did consider keeping the JB1 for the Tiguan but I'm not sure it'll actually work, plus the Mrs is not a car person so it'd be wasted on her!
    2016 GTI Performance | Pure White | JB1 | Dog Bone | Full Tint | Stop/Start Delete | Avatar by sandwg

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast