Thread: Boost leak/limp mode help bkd

Boost leak/limp mode help bkd

So for a while now I have noticed I can hear my turbo alot more and seems to have drop slightly in power now I assume it's a air leak somewhere, but also on 2 runs once it hit around 180kph full throttle it's like either a hose has pulled of or I've gone into limp mode %0 boost now both times once I let it idle or shut down for a while I'm back to normal with boost so any help advice things to check beside pipes I would love to head

1st thing is to check what error codes have been recorded by your car's ECU. That may help point you to what the problem is.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Quote Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post
    1st thing is to check what error codes have been recorded by your car's ECU. That may help point you to what the problem is.
    Good idea do think a standard obd2 or maybe find a place with vcds for more info

Quote Originally Posted by Stenno93 View Post
    Good idea do think a standard obd2 or maybe find a place with vcds for more info
    VCDS or OBDII Pro seem to be the favoured diagnostic tools for DIY VW owners (or ODIS or dealer VW software for non-DIY). Depending on the codes you may want to reset and see if they happen again.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Quote Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post
    VCDS or OBDII Pro seem to be the favoured diagnostic tools for DIY VW owners (or ODIS or dealer VW software for non-DIY). Depending on the codes you may want to reset and see if they happen again.
    I end up buying ANCEL VD500 Obd2 for the moment as a Google search said they were good for the price not as fancy as the other but if it gives me codes that's good enough
    Check (if you live in usa): Weekly Circulars, or IGA Catalogue.
    Last edited by h100vw; 12-09-2020 at 02:28 AM.