Support VWWC

Thread: Best rubber floor mats for muddy winters?

Best rubber floor mats for muddy winters?

G’day all.

I’ve recently moved to an area which has plenty of clay and mud during winter. The rubber floor mats that came from the dealer are cheap and thin, with nowhere for mud and crap to get trapped. What’s the best rubber mats for a mk7? I’ve looked at fitmycar Volkswagen VW Golf MK7 (2013-Current) - Rubber Floor Mats - FitMyCar but you can see the pits are shallow to non-existent.

Looking for something lime these Monster Mats from the US. I had a set in my GTI when I lived there and they were great. http://bilder.afterbuy.de/images/53074/124745322.jpg

Thanks for any recommendations!
    Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bkpr; 16-11-2020 at 06:17 AM.

I have a set of these ones - Premium Quality All Weather rubber car floor mats for VW Golf MK7/7.5 2013-20 | eBay
    Work well in keeping the vehicle clean.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Best rubber floor mats for muddy winters?

They look remarkably similar to the Monster Mats. Would you describe them as more rubbery or more plasticky?

Thanks for the reply!

Rubbery, but not as thick as the monster mats would be. Compared to OEM they have more coverage and cost better.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Awesome, thanks for the “review”. Appreciate the first-hand knowledge.

Sorry, that sounded a bit sarcastic
    Thanks for your feedback!

I have these 3D ones, I've had them for 3 years and I'm pretty happy with them (but I don't get in my car with really grotty boots, just a bit muddy sometimes):

3d Floor Mats for VW Golf
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Thanks for your feedback! Saw a couple reviews on YouTube which made them seem so-so. Mainly that the edges kind of sit out from the carpet a little bit. This would trigger my OCD tendencies. Would prefer a “flat” rubber that sits against the floor. Just want deep-ish recesses to catch the wet dirt and mud.

I have the mats in the initial post. I do not like them.
    The deep recesses do catch the dirt but inevitably because the mats are flat shoes will scrub the outer sections and dirt will accumulate around and under the sides into the carpet.

I’d choose mats with elevated sides to contain the grit if dirty feet were common in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by bkpr View Post
    Thanks for your feedback! Saw a couple reviews on YouTube which made them seem so-so. Mainly that the edges kind of sit out from the carpet a little bit. This would trigger my OCD tendencies. Would prefer a “flat” rubber that sits against the floor. Just want deep-ish recesses to catch the wet dirt and mud.
    My 3D mats sit up on the sides and are flush against the carpet. They would catch a fair amount of crap without it spilling onto the carpet. Note that like almost all mats made in modern times there is no coverage under the accelerator pedal (the makers and retailers probably don't want to be sued for causing "unintended acceleration")
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).