Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Avoid taking your golf to the dealer for warranty work.

Quote Originally Posted by ozmale View Post
    Thanks guys for your support and comments. This matter is still on going.

I put the question in writing " If the A/C stops working again and it is found the gas is all gone, and you cant find a leak, will I be charged again ? The reply in writing was "yes"
    It's truly ridiculous to argue that the gas can disappear but there be no leak, it has to go somewhere, it is physically impossible for it to simply cease to exist.

Have you asked them to give an explanation in writing as to how gas can magically disappear? I'd love to see their technical explanation, I'm sure it will be riveting reading.

Seems to me their leak detection methodology is flawed.
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by VW Convert View Post
    It's truly ridiculous to argue that the gas can disappear but there be no leak, it has to go somewhere, it is physically impossible for it to simply cease to exist.

Have you asked them to give an explanation in writing as to how gas can magically disappear? I'd love to see their technical explanation, I'm sure it will be riveting reading.

Seems to me their leak detection methodology is flawed.

I put that exact question to to both the dealer (directly) and the VW customer service person (writing).

The dealer said he didn't know but if they cant find a leak then there is none. I asked this several times and even another customer in the waiting room chimed in seeking an explanation.

The VW customer said in writing she did not know how it could escape but was bound by what the dealer says and does.

Reading between the lines it would seem that the dealer does not get paid unless a faulty part can be actually found or identified. Investing time in looking for a faulty must not be worth it. Thus you charge the customer for your time stating its not under warranty. At no point during this whole matter has any VW representative admitted there must be a leak.
    If you admit there must be a leak then you would be bound to look for it, which for some reason they clearly dont want to do.
    The Car: MY20 Black Golf R Final Edition, 5 Door, Driver assistance package, Sun Roof.

Users Country Flag
    If it leaks again I am pretty sure it is illegal for them to regas the system according to ARC until they find/repair a leak.

This is complete bs treatment by both the dealer and vw. I would seek advice from ACCC

Quote Originally Posted by 65F100 View Post
    If it leaks again I am pretty sure it is illegal for them to regas the system according to ARC until they find/repair a leak.
    I didn't know that but VW would argue it's not leaking, the gas is just defying the laws of physics and simply ceasing to exist!
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Quote Originally Posted by 65F100 View Post
    I didn't know that either, but it make sense. The gas in A/C units is not a bad as it was in the Freon days but I am sure the Environment people would lot like it leaking out.

I know when a house A/C is worked on they have to (if there is a danger of leak) remove and store the gas first.
    The Car: MY20 Black Golf R Final Edition, 5 Door, Driver assistance package, Sun Roof.

After Reading Post #13 I just did some legislation searching and found the following legislation extract on the Australian Refrigeration Council (Australian Government). There is also a clear downloadable fact sheet outlawing the practice of topping up.
    In fact it a $313,000 fine for companies who return a system to service without fixing or knowing there is a leak.

10.3 Users are advised that persons who service refrigeration and air conditioning
    equipment are required by legislation to observe this code of practice and not to “top
    up” systems known to be leaking or to service equipment unless it can be returned into
    service in a leak free condition.

But, But it hasn't got a leak that they will admit to!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    But, But it hasn't got a leak that they will admit to!
    That is correct, and is obviously why they are trying so hard not to find one. But there is one logic, common sense and the laws of logic say so. I dont have a VU light to check but its obvious the A/C is not a cold and fast to start up as it was a week ago.

I have a friend who is a greeny nut job. She found out that the car can be taken to the same place you take it if it gets defected for noise. They will do a leak test and if a leak is found will seek an explanation for the A/C licence holder as to why it was put back in service with a leak.

Also this morning I had a chat to an auto electrician/ A/C guy. He said with the tools available today he could find a leak in under a day.

The simple truth about all of this is they never checked for a leak they just topped the system up (which is illegal) charged me $157 and told me to come back in 5000klms. The dash cam showed the bonnet up for a total of round 30 min. It apparently takes a min of 45 to completely evacuate the system and recharge from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by ozmale View Post
    After Reading Post #13 I just did some legislation searching and found the following legislation extract on the Australian Refrigeration Council (Australian Government). There is also a clear downloadable fact sheet outlawing the practice of topping up.
    In fact it a $313,000 fine for companies who return a system to service without fixing or knowing there is a leak.

10.3 Users are advised that persons who service refrigeration and air conditioning
    equipment are required by legislation to observe this code of practice and not to “top
    up” systems known to be leaking or to service equipment unless it can be returned into
    service in a leak free condition.
    Seems like it is time to talk to whoever is in charge of enforcing this legislation. Once they get involved I'll bet the dealer will be a LOT more responsive to your a/c problem.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast