Thread: Auto Hold software update

Users Country Flag

Post Parking Brake/Auto Hold software update

Got my 2015 Mk7 GTI serviced yesterday and was told there'd been a software update applied 46G7 to fix an Auto Hold issue (woohoo, new sticker in doorwell)

https://i.imgur.com/th3uTn2.png

I Googled around and found a bit more info, apparently only applies to manual 2wd veedubs

" .... update is for 2wd manual models. It is to resolve issues with the parking brake/auto hold not disengaging on occasion and to address an occasional issue where the parking brake does not engage upon turning the car off."

Anyway, thought I'd mention it in case anybody else, like me, had encountered the occasional auto-hold issue.

In my case on a few occasions I've been diagonally parked on an incline and had the auto-hold disengage too soon so car rolls forward so if you're not quick enough on the clutch/throttle you could damage your front spoiler against the curb so hope this cures that.
    Last edited by pepito; 12-10-2018 at 10:32 AM.
    2014 GTI | Pure White | Manual | Sunroof | DAP | Dog sleeping on back seat |

Users Country Flag
    DSG here, so guess this wont affect me. But a issue I found is, auto hold always comes on when I've come to a complete stop, even on a flat road, I thought it was only meant to enable when you are on a incline?

Auto hold simply automates the action your driving instructor was supposed to, and probably did, teach you: When you come to a stop, apply the handbrake.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozh View Post
    DSG here, so guess this wont affect me. But a issue I found is, auto hold always comes on when I've come to a complete stop, even on a flat road, I thought it was only meant to enable when you are on a incline?
    "Auto hold" and "Hill Hold" have two different objectives and work in different scenarios.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    I had this update applied recently, but have never experienced any auto-hold issues though.
    2014 Mk7 Golf GTI
    2003 Mk4 Golf

Hi,

I have a 7.5 MY18 R DSG

I have found in traffic the auto hold has stuck a couple times very rarely though. I wonder if related or a separate issue? It's embarrassing and I have to turn the car off then on again for it to release.

Cheers.