Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Anyone tried out the Michelin PS5's?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by petemac110 View Post
    As I mentioned above:

Each to their own, but from what I've seen across this forum, you are very good at the selective use of data and arguments which support your own biases. Think deeper champ...
    $120 per corner for something that performs the same as your falken.. doesnt get deeper than that baby

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    $120 per corner for something that performs the same as your falken.. doesnt get deeper than that baby
    Same... no. If you genuinely think that and can't comprehend the differences, then the joke is on you.

Users Country Flag
    You can't claim they perform the same as the Falkens. That's false equivalence.

The HiFlys are close to the Pirelli P Zero in the 2021 test, but were a lot worse in the 2018 test. Something's changed - have the HiFlys gotten better, the Pirellis gotten worse, a combination of the two, or is something else at play? Irrespective of what's changed, the fact is that in 2018 the Falkens did twice as well as the HiFlys, and without a direct comparison between either the HiFlys and the Falkens under the same conditions, or between the Pirellis and the Falkens under the same conditions, there's no way you can extrapolate the results like that.

Also, note that the score for 4th place tyre in the 2021 test is almost 50% WORSE than the 3rd place tyre in terms of scores across the disciplines (and the HiFlys are over 50% worse than the third place tyre). Even then, the aggregate scores don't tell the full story - The HiFlys (and the Pirellis, and the GT Radials) took ~5m longer to stop from 100km/h than the top three tyres in the dry and from 80km/h in the wet. That 5m is significant - it's the difference between 0% chance of a pedestrian fatality and between 10% and 40% chance of a pedestrian fatality...
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Manaz View Post
    You can't claim they perform the same as the Falkens. That's false equivalence.
    on the old butt graph they rate well..

as for the hiflys in 2021.. i have a feeling they improved their tyre and it made the pirelli look worse..

I really think those scores dont reflect how well most of those tyres actually perform.. if the top 3 tyre is minimum requirement for driving around day to day then we would really be screwed in every day life noone would be able to brake properly and people woulda be sliding off the road left right and centre in the rain..

i just might have a different perception to you guys.... sort of like being freed from the fear matrix.. i simply never had any issues with my kf550s no matter what the situation , braking, animals on the road ( rebound e.t.c)... they were more than fine

Users Country Flag
    I really think those scores dont reflect how well most of those tyres actually perform.. if the top 3 tyre is minimum requirement for driving around day to day then we would really be screwed in every day life noone would be able to brake properly and people woulda be sliding off the road left right and centre in the rain..
    During normal driving to the shops and back, granted, there's likely to be little perceptible difference between a lot of tyres. I've seen some of the rubbish on some cars - whether cheap tyres, worn tyres, old tyres etc? It's not pretty, yet they make it to the servo/work/Maccas drive-thru just fine.

However, under more demanding (including emergency) circumstances, that's where the differences reveal themselves - and there's an irrefutable difference across many tests (not just MOTOR which is one small snapshot). That may not matter to you, but it doesn't invalidate the views of those to whom it DOES matter. An emergency braking situation, bad weather etc doesn't care whether you bought inferior tyres to drive to the shops.

i just might have a different perception to you guys.... sort of like being freed from the fear matrix.. i simply never had any issues with my kf550s no matter what the situation , braking, animals on the road ( rebound e.t.c)... they were more than fine
    No, we are firmly within the reality matrix

End of the day, it is your choice regarding the tyres you've bought. If it makes you feel better by trying to justify your choice by slagging the purchasers of others with illogical arguments, good for you. No skin off my nose.

There's a lot of knowledge and experience on this forum that you simply disregard, or you manage to offend people through your very abrasive manner and baiting comments - including some experienced members who I feel rather frustrated for. I just don't get it - are you here to argue and sledge people, or be a contributing member of a community?
    Last edited by petemac110; 28-06-2022 at 07:18 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by petemac110 View Post
    During normal driving to the shops and back, granted, there's likely to be little perceptible difference between a lot of tyres. I've seen some of the rubbish on some cars - whether cheap tyres, worn tyres, old tyres etc? It's not pretty, yet they make it to the servo/work/Maccas drive-thru just fine.

However, under more demanding (including emergency) circumstances, that's where the differences reveal themselves - and there's an irrefutable difference across many tests (not just MOTOR which is one small snapshot). That may not matter to you, but it doesn't invalidate the views of those to whom it DOES matter. An emergency braking situation, bad weather etc doesn't care whether you bought inferior tyres to drive to the shops.

No, we are firmly within the reality matrix

End of the day, it is your choice regarding the tyres you've bought. If it makes you feel better by trying to justify your choice by slagging the purchasers of others with illogical arguments, good for you. No skin off my nose.

There's a lot of knowledge and experience on this forum that you simply disregard, or you manage to offend people through your very abrasive manner and baiting comments - including some experienced members who I feel rather frustrated for. I just don't get it - are you here to argue and sledge people, or be a contributing member of a community?
    i put my car through a bit of a beating when i had a full set of kf550s (all conditions).. didnt notice anything different to goodyear assy2.. goodyear just felt a bit sportier / firmer around the corners.. but definately no traction issues with kf550..

thats just my opinion from personal use.. im not into the scaremongering

Users Country Flag
    Didn’t the OP ask about the new PS5?

I’ve used both the PS4 and PS4S, and not surprisingly the 4S is better, but only if you give them some stick.

Would expect 4S > 5 > 4, but too early to tell with limited reviews to date.

I’d say you can’t go wrong with any of these if you’re happy to pay for them.

There you go, thread back on track.
    2014 Mk7 Golf GTI
    2003 Mk4 Golf

Users Country Flag

My new Michelin PS5 235/40R18 are very good and so quite, but do not turn in as well as the OEM Contis with 36,000 klms but that maybe because Contis do not grip as well as the Michelin PS5s which grip so much they insist on going straight ahead.
    Brought from Bob Jane Michelin PS5 235/40R18 for $235 each
    Cheers Al

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910