Support VWWC

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried out the Michelin PS5's?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    once again your argument is flawed, null and void.
    Aaaand of course you would come back with some ridiculous excuse as to why you dont accept this information when its right in front of your nose.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by petemac110 View Post
    Exactly - a quality tyre!

On that basis, I'm a little perplexed as to why you are willing to compromise performance/grip/safety even if you don't have kids or a family of your own...
    pete my vag loving friend... if you didnt realise already my goodyear assymetric 5 fell apart on me unexpectedly on the freeway... highly encouraged at $250 a corner ($350 goodyear retail)

go and try a set of KF550 and you let me know how they perform / grip / safety.... easily 1 of the better quality tyres ive used over a few performance cars.. michellin included just not on the golf r.. i was actually a big michellin man on 17s

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Aaaand of course you would come back with some ridiculous excuse as to why you dont accept this information when its right in front of your nose.
    but he didnt test the kf550.. so not sure what ur still talking about..

Users Country Flag
    pete my vag loving friend... if you didnt realise already my goodyear assymetric 5 fell apart on me unexpectedly on the freeway... highly encouraged at $250 a corner ($350 goodyear retail)
    I did indeed.

They were on my short list when I bought tyres last year. I needed tyres urgently and was hunting Pilot Sport 4s and considering some Bridgestone options, but due to supply issues at the time I'm running Falken Azenis FK510. Very very happy thus far - especially when you get a mainstream suppler to price-match Tempe Tyres pricing

go and try a set of KF550 and you let me know how they perform / grip / safety.... easily 1 of the better quality tyres ive used over a few performance cars.. michellin included just not on the golf r.. i was actually a big michellin man on 17s
    I'm not willing to risk any trade-off in performance or safety - I'm happy to buy a known quantity.

Whilst I appreciate that the Kinforests themselves haven't been included in any data-driven, objective tests to date, all of the Chinese tyres that have been properly tested across myriad brands have tested poorly in one or more areas - often lateral grip, but mainly very poorly in braking distances. Perhaps the Kinforest are the first example of Chinese tyres done right, but until I see objective data, I'm not volunteering my family and I as the crash-test-dummies.

Users Country Flag
    once again your argument is flawed, null and void.
    You make it too easy to keep proving you wrong.

MOTOR's 2021 Tyre Test

What is Australia's best new performance tyre? MOTOR Magazine Tyre Test 2019

MOTOR Tyre Test 2018: Results

MOTOR Tyre Test 2017

Stock new tyres vs stock worn tyres, vs cheap tyres. The cheap tyres performed very poorly. I cant find the video either.

2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by petemac110 View Post
    I did indeed.

Falken Azenis FK510.

Whilst I appreciate that the Kinforests themselves haven't been included ... Perhaps the Kinforest are the first example of Chinese tyres done right, but until I see objective data, I'm not volunteering my family and I as the crash-test-dummies.

Falken.. What a tight arse !

&

could you imagine if a legitimate / respected tyre reviewer Actually and Honestly tested a $120 kf550 and found it was pretty close to the brands for 250 - 300 - 400.. atleast in some departments maybe not all (or maybe all who knows)..

that would definately open up a can of worms... i reckon the reviewers already know about it and leave it off the testing on purpose.

They might stop supplying them with free tyres if there wasnt a noticable (& favourable) gap between well known brand names and Chinese Tyres.

Ive seen reviews floating around of goodyear assymetric 3 falling apart too as they changed (cheaped out) on construction compared to assy 2 (great tyre)... turns out they continued with the same cheap stuff into the assy 5 (assy 4 was skipped apparantly due to 4 being unlucky in china but probably to help people forget about assy 3 failures)... shows just how much influence china has in todays market.

Users Country Flag
    You make it too easy to keep proving you wrong.

MOTOR's 2021 Tyre Test

What is Australia's best new performance tyre? MOTOR Magazine Tyre Test 2019

MOTOR Tyre Test 2018: Results

MOTOR Tyre Test 2017

Stock new tyres vs stock worn tyres, vs cheap tyres. The cheap tyres performed very poorly. I cant find the video either.

doesnt count... and this by your criteria too.. the review is done in a camry

Users Country Flag
    doesnt count... and this by your criteria too.. the review is done in a camry
    Shows how pig headed and stubborn you are, you posted 3 mins after my post so obviously didnt even bother looking at either of the links or watching the video.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    Shows how pig headed and stubborn you are, you posted 3 mins after my post so obviously didnt even bother looking at either of the links or watching the video.
    im a cyborg so i compute data faster than your normal human.

ill just go from the 2021 test as its the most recent / tech.. what i gathered from it is that the chinese tyre theyve chosen HIFLY is close to / same / as good as PIRELLI PZERO.. must be pretty good by your logic.. Pirelli Pzero is a very famous , very expensive tyre found on cars like Ferrari e.t.c.. Therefore.. Very good

Users Country Flag

could you imagine if a legitimate / respected tyre reviewer Actually and Honestly tested a $120 kf550 and found it was pretty close to the brands for 250 - 300 - 400.. atleast in some departments maybe not all (or maybe all who knows)..
    It would be fantastic if that was the case - some hard data and objective facts which would allow us to see what "pretty close" actually looks like. In the past, none of the Chinese tyres have been close at all - and the historic trend data is enough to convince me to avoid Chinese tyres like the plague until I see otherwise.

that would definately open up a can of worms... i reckon the reviewers already know about it and leave it off the testing on purpose.

They might stop supplying them with free tyres if there wasnt a noticable (& favourable) gap between well known brand names and Chinese Tyres.
    Ah, I love a good conspiracy theory! The Tyre Mafia (and the slimy tyre testers on their payroll) supressing the testing of these new Chinese super-tyres for fear of losing market share... hehe

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast