Support VWWC

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried out the Michelin PS5's?

Anyone tried out the Michelin PS5's?

Just wondering if anyone had tried out the Michelin PS5's? Particularly interested in a comparison to the PS4S if anyone has experience with both.

Users Country Flag
    They are very new to market - only been available in Australia for about 6-8 weeks. The PS4S is a higher performance tyre than the PS5, the PS5 is a replacement for the PS4, not the PS4S.

Presumably there will be a PS5S at some stage, but not announced yet.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Costco has them for $245 a piece for 235/40R18 , I have been wanting to test them because I am going through RE003 pretty quick and the last time I had PS3s they lasted a while longer.
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Users Country Flag
    Been using them for a month now on the R wagon, haven't pushed the car hard enough in the corners, but they grip very well in the dry/wet.

I did 3 launches on them, 2 runs launched at 3.5k just hooked up with no wheel spin.
    The last at 4k and there was a bit of wheel spin.

Overall feels like the PS4 non S that I had on my previous car.

i just jumped onto the Cosco website and I cannot see them for $245 ? I'm seeing $290 + $19.90 per tyre for fitting

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by minke View Post
    i just jumped onto the Cosco website and I cannot see them for $245 ? I'm seeing $290 + $19.90 per tyre for fitting
    Huh, I did not know they had prices listed on their website, I asked in person last time I was in store. I will give them a call tomorrow and see, that's a pretty big difference in price.
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Thanks all.

With regards to the "S" vs non "S" that's what I would have thought as well. I currently run thr PS4S as my tyre of choice after previously being a PSS user.

The reason for my question is when I asked about the PS4S at Bob Jane the owner told me quite emphatically that the PS5 was the better tyre (and he'd do it for the same price). I called him on it and said the same thing - replacement of the ps4 not ps4s and he then called over the Michelin "rep" who was in the store and he told me the same thing. In testing it proved to be the superior tyre in every way and the pa5 would be replacing the ps4 and ps4s..

When I got home called Michelin Australia and got told the same thing.. no ps5s on the horizon, ps5 is their sport tyre of choice for road driving at the moment.

Generally I don't trust sales people (sorry any sales folk on here!) So I took it with a grain of salt and thought I'd see if anyone had real world experience.

Users Country Flag

Anyone tried out the Michelin PS5's?

Trust the tyre guru - from about 4.00min onwards he talks about the Michelin PS4, PS5 etc

12 of the BEST Tires for 2022 - YouTube
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Trust the tyre guru - from about 4.00min onwards he talks about the Michelin PS4, PS5 etc

12 of the BEST Tires for 2022 - YouTube
    I have been following Jonathan Benson's YouTube Channel "Tyre Reviews" for about 10yrs now.
    He has all the facts and figures and the expertise to back it up...
    I am confused by the opinions of many online regarding tyres, most have little to no clue!
    And it appears that the Bob Jane / Michelin Rep have limited knowledge of their own products also...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    I have been following Jonathan Benson's YouTube Channel "Tyre Reviews" for about 10yrs now.
    He has all the facts and figures and the expertise to back it up...
    I am confused by the opinions of many online regarding tyres, most have little to no clue!
    And it appears that the Bob Jane / Michelin Rep have limited knowledge of their own products also...
    dont worry about the opinions / reviews or feedback of many online regarding tyres.. just listen to 1 guy and buy the most expensive tyres and and ur good

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast