Support VWWC

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried out the Michelin PS5's?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by petemac110 View Post
    I'm running Falken Azenis FK510. Very very happy thus far - especially when you get a mainstream suppler to price-match Tempe Tyres pricing
    I've heard several very good reports on the FK510s for a variety of cars. I suspect I may go that way for my next set on the current car (if I still have it by that stage).
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag
    It would be fantastic if that was the case - some hard data and objective facts which would allow us to see what "pretty close" actually looks like. In the past, none of the Chinese tyres have been close at all - and the historic trend data is enough to convince me to avoid Chinese tyres like the plague until I see otherwise.

Ah, I love a good conspiracy theory! The Tyre Mafia (and the slimy tyre testers on their payroll) supressing the testing of these new Chinese super-tyres for fear of losing market share... hehe
    tyre mafia indeed.

Users Country Flag
    "Big Tyre"

Anyone tried out the Michelin PS5's?-big_tyre-jpg

Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Manaz View Post
    "Big Tyre"

Anyone tried out the Michelin PS5's?-big_tyre-jpg

u got a legitmate online tyre review for that BIG TYRE?

Users Country Flag
    Here.

"It's big. And it's a tyre. Grip is sensational, the tread blocks are as big as a small child."
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag
    I've heard several very good reports on the FK510s for a variety of cars. I suspect I may go that way for my next set on the current car (if I still have it by that stage).
    I had the Falken FK510's on my previous car, Lexus IS-F and was very happy with them. After watching some of those Tyre Review videos I decided they were well worth a try for the money. I only did about 10,000km's on them before I sold the car but they appeared to be wearing well also.

The replacement tyre (FK520) is due out sometime this year which will probably be even better.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    I had the Falken FK510's on my previous car, Lexus IS-F and was very happy with them. After watching some of those Tyre Review videos I decided they were well worth a try for the money. I only did about 10,000km's on them before I sold the car but they appeared to be wearing well also.

The replacement tyre (FK520) is due out sometime this year which will probably be even better.
    Yep, I'm very happy thus far. No complaints at all.

Users Country Flag
    Yep, I'm very happy thus far. No complaints at all.
    what made u go with the falkens.

it looks like they arent that much 'better' than the pzero or HIFLY (same tyre?) from 1 of those reviews

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    what made u go with the falkens.

it looks like they arent that much 'better' than the pzero or HIFLY (same tyre?) from 1 of those reviews
    I haven't seen any reviews comparing the FK510, P-Zero and Hifly at the same time?

I've seen the Motor 2021 review which notes that the Hifly and P-Zero are behind the front of the pack. That says less about the P-Zero rather than saying more about the Hifly.

There are plenty of other reviews where the FK510 performs well enough, and importantly, well above the Chinese tyres in the same reviews.

Users Country Flag

MOTOR Tyre Test 2018: Results

falken is inbetween pzero and hifly.. pzero and hifly are the same on the newest test ..

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast