Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried out the Michelin PS5's?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post

so. instead of 300 - 400 per corner u should be looking at kf550 for 120 a corner.. i bet you'll have a similar experience as a michelin for a fraction of the price.
    I've avoided replying to any of your recent posts as it hurts my brain... but that's patently absurd.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by petemac110 View Post
    as it hurts my brain....
    u have one?

Users Country Flag
    Who would have thought that the cheapest Chinese tyres on the market were also the very best tyres money could buy!! Mind....blown. Amazing.

You should watch some of the actual controlled tests of any (take your pick of which brand) of the Chinese tyres done by that Tyre Reviews guy and see just how poorly they perform in any kind of braking/slalom/wet weather/cornering test. And they are made of such hard rubber to achieve 80,000km lifespan they are noisy too.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Who would have thought that the cheapest Chinese tyres on the market were also the very best tyres money could buy!! Mind....blown. Amazing.

You should watch some of the actual controlled tests of any (take your pick of which brand) of the Chinese tyres done by that Tyre Reviews guy and see just how poorly they perform in any kind of braking/slalom/wet weather/cornering test. And they are made of such hard rubber to achieve 80,000km lifespan they are noisy too.
    are they kinforest KF550 specifically or some Other chinese brand name tyre which you're generalising again with.. as you do.. please provide the links menz for me to consider properly... so far my experiences have been great.. far beyond previous mentioned tyres BRIDGESTONE and GOODYEAR.. never used michellin on the golf r so cant actually compare to that...im sure they are great but who actually wants to spend $1500+ on tyres to goto work and the shops.

Users Country Flag
    u have one?
    And we're back to schoolyard retorts once again. Why am I surprised...

Users Country Flag
    ..im sure they are great but who actually wants to spend $1500+ on tyres to goto work and the shops.
    Do you have a family or kids of your own? THAT'S EXACTLY when you want to spend money on proven quality tyres for general driving. If something goes disastrously wrong on the way to work, the shops, school, whatever - I want the things holding my car on the road to be as good as possible.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by petemac110 View Post
    Do you have a family or kids of your own? THAT'S EXACTLY when you want to spend money on proven quality tyres for general driving. If something goes disastrously wrong on the way to work, the shops, school, whatever - I want the things holding my car on the road to be as good as possible.
    id recommend goodyear assymetric 5 then

Users Country Flag
    are they kinforest KF550 specifically or some Other chinese brand name tyre which you're generalising again with.. as you do.. please provide the links menz for me to consider properly... so far my experiences have been great.. far beyond previous mentioned tyres BRIDGESTONE and GOODYEAR.. never used michellin on the golf r so cant actually compare to that...im sure they are great but who actually wants to spend $1500+ on tyres to goto work and the shops.
    Well I have to generalise in this instance because I cant find a review on the KF550 anywhere. But budget Chinese tyres are all going perform simiarily. They are cheap for a reason.

2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Well I have to generalise in this instance because I cant find a review on the KF550 anywhere. But budget Chinese tyres are all going perform simiarily. They are cheap for a reason.

once again your argument is flawed, null and void.

if you can provide actual tests on KF550 model tyres then we might have something to discuss.. right now we have to rely on user feedback on high end cars (all positive).. actually anyone who dares posting online about their review only have positive things to say..

the way you argue is like saying michelin are the same as kumho are the same as HiFly coz its sold from the same store or got delivered on the same truck.

Or Sharkys Vw up 1ltre is the same as a AMG A45S coz vw and merc are from the same country... theyre both cars from germany right? no differences at all... 4 wheels and a steering wheel.. engine.. e.t.c

Users Country Flag

id recommend goodyear assymetric 5 then
    Exactly - a quality tyre!

On that basis, I'm a little perplexed as to why you are willing to compromise performance/grip/safety even if you don't have kids or a family of your own...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast