Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone running E10 in their VW

Users Country Flag

BTW, you should not be running 95 in a VW either. 95 is the MINIMUM acceptable, recommended from VW themselves is to run 98 whenever you can.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    If so why then do VW say only to use it in an emergency and fill with 95 ASAP. If it did as you say it surely would be ok to use 91.
    There is a loss of performance if the ECU actually reduces the ignition timing advance (retard) and adds fuel (rich). Both of which will also have the additional side effect of increasing fuel consumption. If VW said it was OK to use and people then used low octane all the time, which triggered the ECU into retard and rich, then people would complain about the lost performance and the poor (relative) fuel economy. So VW protects themselves by recommending 95 minimum. For sure it's about protection, protecting VW from customer complaints, plainly the car can handle it physically, otherwise there would be a "do not under any circumstances" warning.

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Heres a hopeful owner and the very reasons why you shouldnt use anything under 95

Man wants $4000 refund for '''damaged engine''' ... but he was just using the wrong fuel | Stuff.co.nz
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Do you mean e10 94 ron? No. I run that in the Accord but not in the turbo car.

I have run 98 e10 and United 100ron e10. The united 100 ron is great stuff but no longer available where i live (anywhere??)

I've also run a combination of 45l 98ron and 10l E85 (roughly e20) which gives great torque but does throw a CEL after a few hundred km. So it's not something i recommend to others. Fuel economy goes out the window too as the o2 sensors read a lean mixture and pile in more fuel to compensate.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12