Support VWWC

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone With a Mk7 Gti PP had it tuned?

Anyone With a Mk7 Gti PP had it tuned?

Just interested if anyone has done this given the PP with its trick diff would be a good one to tune.
    Volvo S60 RD T6

Users Country Flag

It would certainly handle it better than the standard GTI. I'm astonished how it pulls back into line against understeer on corners. Just incredible! It still axle tramps just like all of my other GTI's though so that would be worseAnyone With a Mk7 Gti PP had it tuned?. It's always when you least expect it! Seems to be slightly damp or greasy roads from standstill only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 Mk VI GTI-Red/Manual/Detroits/Park assist/Leather/MDI/Sunroof/Bi-Xenons/Chassis Control/Elec Driver's seat/5 Door/Tint
    2009 Triumph Street Triple R Matte Blazing Orange
    1971 Mini Clubman GT

So you have a mk7? Its says mk6 in your sig. Not sure I like the idea of axle tramp.
    Last edited by thezoneR32; 13-06-2015 at 06:06 PM.
    Volvo S60 RD T6

Users Country Flag
    I got the APR tune, the axle tramp is very common if you have a high powered FWD. But anyways, what do you want to know?
    GTI PP Mk7
    My grandma used to say...

Users Country Flag
    Axle tramp is there even with a stock MK7 GTI. A wise man once told me 'You just have to control the right foot.'

Users Country Flag
    I think the tramp was worst in my Mk 5 GTI. I almost prefer my 10 inch wheeled Cooper S just spinning them up. No traction control to get confused in the 60's!Anyone With a Mk7 Gti PP had it tuned?

2010 Mk VI GTI-Red/Manual/Detroits/Park assist/Leather/MDI/Sunroof/Bi-Xenons/Chassis Control/Elec Driver's seat/5 Door/Tint
    2009 Triumph Street Triple R Matte Blazing Orange
    1971 Mini Clubman GT

Quote Originally Posted by wasabiz View Post
    I got the APR tune, the axle tramp is very common if you have a high powered FWD. But anyways, what do you want to know?
    Well Ive had a couple of tuned golfs and i was interested as to what car to get next after my 135i and was struggling to find anyone in my searches who had tuned one. Are less people tuning their golfs now?

Even though I like my 135i its starting to clock up some kays and to upgrade is stupidly expensive. The gti represents such good value in terms of getting the latest euro tech and such a good platform Im just worried that the lack of torque will annoy me hence was looking for some experiences with tuning one.

The other car I was looking at is a A5 3.0L TDI 5 door.
    Volvo S60 RD T6

Users Country Flag

No such thing as driver's assistance in that one not even a brake booster!

GTI PP Mk7

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thezoneR32 View Post
    Well Ive had a couple of tuned golfs and i was interested as to what car to get next after my 135i and was struggling to find anyone in my searches who had tuned one. Are less people tuning their golfs now?

Even though I like my 135i its starting to clock up some kays and to upgrade is stupidly expensive. The gti represents such good value in terms of getting the latest euro tech and such a good platform Im just worried that the lack of torque will annoy me hence was looking for some experiences with tuning one.

The other car I was looking at is a A5 3.0L TDI 5 door.
    Hmmm have you considered an R? If you're looking to get the PP I'd suggest you pony up another 4 grand and get an R, performance wise is quite the jump. But with that being said.... Most people who go for the performance golf they go for the R

The PP will makes you stand out in the crowd Anyone With a Mk7 Gti PP had it tuned?

Are less people tuning their golfs now?

not really, I think it's because the car is so damn brand new and they just are not willing to take the risk and tuning them months after driving it away from the show room.

Last edited by wasabiz; 14-06-2015 at 12:13 PM.
    GTI PP Mk7

Quote Originally Posted by wasabiz View Post
    Hmmm have you considered an R? If you're looking to get the PP I'd suggest you pony up another 4 grand and get an R, performance wise is quite the jump. But with that being said.... Most people who go for the performance golf they go for the R

The PP will makes you stand out in the crowd Anyone With a Mk7 Gti PP had it tuned?
    Hmm, I do like the look of the new R but I have not driven a mk7. For me the mk6 R was boring and had heaps of turbo lag, I thought the gti was a better drive. Unfortunately Ive backed myself into a corner having a car with such huge low end torque.
    Volvo S60 RD T6

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast