Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone bought a car during all of this lockdown stuff?

Anyone bought a car during all of this lockdown stuff?

Hi,

Has anyone bought a car in the last few days or perhaps a week? how did it go. Were they willing to discount?

Users Country Flag
    bought 10.

got 50% discount

Users Country Flag
    A new car or 2nd hand? You can always negotiate, but with the COVID19 situation sales have dropped quite a lot (VW for instance were -38% down on sales in March 2020 vs same time last year) so your power to negotiate would be even greater. If you have job security and are in the market for a new car, then now is a great time.

Your power to negotiate on a car that's already either sitting at the dealership or in a storage yard etc will be greater than a new factory build that wont be delivered for 4-6 months.

VFACTS: March 2020 new car sales | CarAdvice

Car dealers bracing for a sales slowdown lobby government to avoid compulsory coronavirus shutdowns | CarAdvice
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    I sold a TT , buyer was a policeman , safest job at the moment , no retrenchment there .
    GTI clubsport/edition 40 manual white 2016

Mercedes Benz A200 AMG pack red 2016

Users Country Flag
    I just ordered yesterday a new M135i close to fully optioned RRP$80k for $59k through leasing. They get GST off in that price.

I'd say June would be perfect time to buy as low sales with Covid 19 and end of financial year will get great deals on cars in stock.

I think the 7.5R at $54,990 at present awesome pricing anyway. I'd push for that price with tint and dyno audio.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    I sold a TT , buyer was a policeman , safest job at the moment , no retrenchment there .
    My wife is a copper with the NSW Police. Safe job in a way because basically any govt job is no risk of retrenchment, but unsafe because 99% of the time they deal with the scum of the earth and are more likely to be hurt or infected with this damn virus from people who will purposely cough in their face etc.

So they are all being even more careful than ever at the moment.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    My wife is a copper with the NSW Police. Safe job in a way because basically any govt job is no risk of retrenchment, but unsafe because 99% of the time they deal with the scum of the earth and are more likely to be hurt or infected with this damn virus from people who will purposely cough in their face etc.

So they are all being even more careful than ever at the moment.
    Spot on, I'm Vic Pol and been in 18 yrs. We just got our EB signed off last month so a slight pay rise and higher penalty allowances. I can accept the dangers in the job normally as they only affect me, but this virus different. I'm now at risk to bring it home and affect my family which isn't great at all. I also had many colleagues sent to fires over summer and placed into towns that put them in life threatening danger and were told to call loved ones to say goodbye one night.

I enjoy the job and make my shifts and leave work well for me but I'd never want my son to join or any family as the things we see daily just take it's toll long term. It's not a case of will I get PTSD but when as it's impossible to see the worst in socitey daily for 20-30yrs and be ok with it.

I hope your wife keeps safe like all the blue family as well as all the emergency services and essential workers at present.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mp2811 View Post
    Spot on, I'm Vic Pol and been in 18 yrs. We just got our EB signed off last month so a slight pay rise and higher penalty allowances. I can accept the dangers in the job normally as they only affect me, but this virus different. I'm now at risk to bring it home and affect my family which isn't great at all. I also had many colleagues sent to fires over summer and placed into towns that put them in life threatening danger and were told to call loved ones to say goodbye one night.

I enjoy the job and make my shifts and leave work well for me but I'd never want my son to join or any family as the things we see daily just take it's toll long term. It's not a case of will I get PTSD but when as it's impossible to see the worst in socitey daily for 20-30yrs and be ok with it.

I hope your wife keeps safe like all the blue family as well as all the emergency services and essential workers at present.
    Stay safe mate. Its not a job I could do - hats off to those who can. If I was a copper I think I would shoot about 20 people per day. And yes the recent fire must have been crazy scary for emergency services who had to stay in the area - you dont get paid enough.

Enjoy your new car - i see above you just bought a M135i.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Stay safe mate. Its not a job I could do - hats off to those who can. If I was a copper I think I would shoot about 20 people per day. And yes the recent fire must have been crazy scary for emergency services who had to stay in the area - you dont get paid enough.

Enjoy your new car - i see above you just bought a M135i.
    Thanks mate, looking forward to it. It's to replace wife's leased S3. My Stage 2 MK7R not going anywhere in a hurry. Way too nice to drive. Bit later in year will add Eibach springs as next mod and get her on the dyno before going for some cruises once things back to normal.

Yep and yep got a 2010 Tig recently for $6k through a friend dealer that was having quietest 2 week period ever. Is in superb condition and was traded at $5500 recently on a new car. It last sold in 2018 at $14k!
    (Not gloating as I’m normally on the other side of the deal)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast