Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Suspension for the Mk7

Users Country Flag

I took it there because when I had the springs installed the Mk7 had only been out a month or two - and Eibach had told me I was the second person to buy them. I figured VW Would have a better understanding of disassembling my car and installing the new springs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
    Springs don't affect the warranty (I checked at my local)
    Springs can affect warranty, although you'd be unlucky.

If a modification that you make renders the vehicle unroadworthy (ie too low), or a part fails that can be attributed to the modification, then the manufacturer is within their rights to deny a warranty claim. Depending on the dealer you get, they can be more or less difficult to deal with on such matters.

Changing springs alone, especially on a car without active dampers, shouldn't be an issue - as long as everything's fitted properly. But that's not written in stone.
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Users Country Flag
    Agreed, I'd say you'd be pretty much voiding anything suspension related, but they're not big ticket items in the overall scheme of things (IMO). I'm assuming this car has active dampers though.

Will be interested to hear an ongoing review of ride quality compared to stock. I am keen to consider a small drop myself, but have no interest in stuffing up the Mk7 ride quality.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Which dealer did you get this done if you don't mind me asking?

How much camber did this induce? And how much more sunken do the stock rims sit?
    Thanks
    Trevor

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Dutch,

I'd say ride quality is really not affected overall. If you say hit a pothole you do feel that its a little firmer, But its by no means transformed the car into a spine jarring ride. It handles better and IMO looks heaps better too.

Anyone else who has dropped there car have any thoughts on ride quality?
    PAST: 88' Mk2 Golf 16v GTI & 97' Mk3 Golf VR6

CURRENT: 13' Mk7 Golf 103 TSI Highline

Users Country Flag
    I think it's a perfect balance of comfort and handling . . . I used to say the same as thing for my XR5T Focus. It feels very similar, just not as much power.

I had it done in Campbelltown (Paul Wakeling VW). Camber is a bit more negative than standard, but it looks good.

Lower spring for MK7 TSI

Hi anyone know front and rear axle weight for MK7 Tsi?
    I try to buy Eibach spring for my Tsi. but there are two part no.
    One is 'E10-15-021-01-22' (suitable for vehicles with front axle weights up to 985kg and rear axle weights to 1000kg.) The other is 'E10-15-021-03-22' (suitable for vehicles with front axle weights up to 985kg and rear axle weights to 900kg.)

Do you know which one is suitable for MK7 TSI?

Users Country Flag
    Part 01 is for multi-link rear axle, part 03 is for beam rear axle; my understanding is all Australian Golfs have the multi-link rear axle? I believe only sub-90kw models in other parts of the world carry the beam rear axle.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag

Superpro suspension products for the Mk7 GTI and R

See video here showing the new Supaloy control arms, sway bars and engine mounts for the Mk7 GTI and R.

SEMA New Products - VW Golf R Mk 7 - YouTube
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast