Support VWWC

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Adaptive Cruise Control - Golf 7.5

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by notaGolfR View Post
    I don't understand where you say hex13 module, Byte 2, Bit 5! That sounds like you hacked into the coding rather than using an interface or something?
    I guess that ALL coding changes made with a diagnostic cable can be defined as a form of "hack" - but no, I wasn't suggesting that you do anything nefarious with your VCDS cable.

In formal VCDS speak, the tweak (hack?) goes something like this:

Disable "overtaking right prevention"
    1. plug-in the cable/dongle into the car's OBD port and connect to VCDS software.

Adaptive Cruise Control - Golf 7.5-mainscreen01-png
    2. On the upper right part Select Control Module of the screen above, click on select

Adaptive Cruise Control - Golf 7.5-scm-installed-png
    3. On the screen above, click on 13-Auto Dist. Reg

Adaptive Cruise Control - Golf 7.5-open-screen-png
    4. On the screen above, click on Coding - 07

Adaptive Cruise Control - Golf 7.5-coding-long-png
    5. On the screen above select Long Coding Helper

6. Navigate to Byte 2 and remove tick from Bit 5 - then click "X" on the top RHS of screen above
    7. Return to the Recode Module screen (see step #5 picture), click Do It!! and follow screen prompts to confirm change
    8. Exit VCDS software - remove cable/dongle from OBD port

And is the "!" after the "5" correct.
    hmm.......... the "!" after the "5" is grammatically correct - I hope. I used the exclamation mark for emphasis (for, added feeling) because I opened the sentence with the phrase "The good news is".

This said, grammar most definitely isn't my strong point - English is my second language and I believe that I'm more numerate than literate.

So, I'm delighted to be corrected if you feel that I've made a syntactic faux-pas!

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 11-04-2021 at 07:26 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    I guess that ALL coding changes made with a diagnostic cable can be defined as a form of "hack" - but no, I wasn't suggesting that you do anything nefarious with your VCDS cable.

hmm.......... the "!" after the "5" is grammatically correct - I hope. I used the exclamation mark for emphasis (for, added feeling) because I opened the sentence with the phrase "The good news is".

This said, grammar most definitely isn't my strong point - English is my second language and I believe that I'm more numerate than literate.

So, I'm delighted to be corrected if you feel that I've made a syntactic faux-pas!

Don

Not being critical but I learnt years ago when describing coding to ONLY write what it actually needed to be done and nothing else. If you add stuff amateurs take what you write literally and so it doesnt work.

That one is also a lot simpler to do with a OBDEleven

No 9 in this list

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XT_...TPRJFZyeG/view
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 11-04-2021 at 09:23 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Well firstly its Overtaking on the LEFT that it prevents here and yes it can
    DAMNATION. I just saw Don's reply. If you saw what I just said, ignore it. I have now deleted until I study Don's reply.
    Last edited by notaGolfR; 12-04-2021 at 09:19 AM.
    cars (chronological) Morris850, Morris Mini DeLuxe, Cooper S, Mazda 1500SS, hard times so some old Holden, old Falcon Ute, better times so second hand Lotus Elan +2 (6 weeks, hopelessly unreliable) Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, second hand Datsun 260Z + 2 auto, Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo, Nissan 200SX turbo auto for 20 years(wonderful car burning ZERO oil after 200,000km & no problems when sold.. should have kept it), Toyota GTS 86 auto, now Golf R Mk 7.5 DSG built Aug2018, white.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post

Disable "overtaking right prevention"
    1. plug-in the cable/dongle into the car's OBD port and connect to VCDS software.

Adaptive Cruise Control - Golf 7.5-mainscreen01-png
    2. On the upper right part Select Control Module of the screen above, click on select

Adaptive Cruise Control - Golf 7.5-scm-installed-png
    3. On the screen above, click on 13-Auto Dist. Reg

Adaptive Cruise Control - Golf 7.5-open-screen-png
    4. On the screen above, click on Coding - 07

Adaptive Cruise Control - Golf 7.5-coding-long-png
    5. On the screen above select Long Coding Helper

6. Navigate to Byte 2 and remove tick from Bit 5 - then click "X" on the top RHS of screen above
    7. Return to the Recode Module screen (see step #5 picture), click Do It!! and follow screen prompts to confirm change
    8. Exit VCDS software - remove cable/dongle from OBD port

Don
    Brilliant once again Don/DV52. "A picture tells a thousand words" as the saying goes.
    Elsewhere (I can't find it now), I read mention of "Security code 20103" to do with deactivating the overtaking. Is that something I need to know about?
    cars (chronological) Morris850, Morris Mini DeLuxe, Cooper S, Mazda 1500SS, hard times so some old Holden, old Falcon Ute, better times so second hand Lotus Elan +2 (6 weeks, hopelessly unreliable) Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, second hand Datsun 260Z + 2 auto, Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo, Nissan 200SX turbo auto for 20 years(wonderful car burning ZERO oil after 200,000km & no problems when sold.. should have kept it), Toyota GTS 86 auto, now Golf R Mk 7.5 DSG built Aug2018, white.

Users Country Flag
    OK Hillbilly and thanks.
    I also saw your link to "BEST ALL Tiguan Electric Mods" using OBDELEVEN it certainly looks simpler than VCDS. My only query is, is it obvious where you use "Security code 20103", or can you explain.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Well firstly its Overtaking on the LEFT that it prevents here and yes it can
    OK Hillbilly and thanks.

I also saw your link to "BEST ALL Tiguan Electric Mods" using OBDELEVEN it certainly looks simpler than VCDS. My only query is, is it obvious where you use "Security code 20103", or can you explain.

Users Country Flag
    OK Hillbilly and thanks.

Yes its at the bottom of the screen and you enter it before changing anything. Sometimes if you forget it will ask for it before it will let you do it.

Users Country Flag
    I read mention of "Security code 20103" to do with deactivating the overtaking. Is that something I need to know about?
    Naarh- I can't recall needing a security code when I made the change. Generally, security codes aren't required for changing long-code values - but if asked, toss-in 20103 (it's as good a number as any other)!!

Final point that I failed to make on my pictorial instructions: the last screenshot comes from the so-called "experimental" long coding helper (notice that it's yellow, rather than the traditional Ross-Tech grey screens). The yellow screens are only accessible on the newest HEX series devices. I'm not sure which version you have, but if you don't get option for changing Byte 2, Bit 5 - post-up the value of your long-code string and I will calculate your new value

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

my vw nivus don't have the stop and go function activated how can i activate

Users Country Flag

Do you want to turn it ON or OFF

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234