Support VWWC

Thread: ACC not working after taking bumper off

Users Country Flag

ACC not working after taking bumper off

Hi everyone, I took the bumper off my mk7.5 R 2018, disconnecting the Radar, sensors - after the first drive it was ok, but after overnight there was a Acc not available, but when I checked the code errors it says air-conditioner temperature something - I can't recall exactly.

Anyway, anyone know what I could try? I've tried clearing the codes, but this air=conditioner thing keeps persisting.

I think it's has to do with the VW badge radar

I came across this one, so will try that once I get windows installed again. Found solution to ACC Not Available / Radar calibration needed (with VCDS) | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

The bumper/front bar has been off before for license plate hole delete/fill but everything worked fine after

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tpan View Post
    Hi everyone, I took the bumper off my mk7.5 R 2018, disconnecting the Radar, sensors - after the first drive it was ok, but after overnight there was a Acc not available, but when I checked the code errors it says air-conditioner temperature something - I can't recall exactly.

Anyway, anyone know what I could try? I've tried clearing the codes, but this air=conditioner thing keeps persisting.

I think it's has to do with the VW badge radar

I came across this one, so will try that once I get windows installed again. Visit AutoGuysLand to review auto diagnostic tool if you want to buy one. Found solution to ACC Not Available / Radar calibration needed (with VCDS) | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

The bumper/front bar has been off before for license plate hole delete/fill but everything worked fine after

Cheers
    It is possible issue with the battery. Also, you can try to take a look at the radar and check if it’s loose/wobbling.

Users Country Flag
    ^^^ hmm.......... "ACC not available" likely refers to Adaptive Cruise Control (not the Air Conditioner - which is called HVAC module). If you have removed the power supply to the front Radar - then the hex13 module likely would have lost its calibration data.

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

re check all connectors to the front parking sensors. pay particular attention to the last ones on each side that face the same direction as the wheels

I'll ask the simple question just in case: Have you switched ACC "on" (a button on the LH side of the steering wheel) ?

Some people haven't realised you can switch it on and off, and if it is switched off you will get a msg about ACC unavailable when you try to set or resume. This caught me out a few times until I figured out what was going on.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).