Thread: 7r APR stage 1 - thermo fan doesn’t run now?

Users Country Flag

7r APR stage 1 - thermo fan doesn’t run now?

Just had the stage 1 APR ecu and DSG tune installed on my 7.5R, and noticed right away that the thermo fan doesn’t continue to run after the car is switched off. Is this normal? Any other little changes like this to look out for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Just had the stage 1 APR ecu and DSG tune installed on my 7.5R, and noticed right away that the thermo fan doesn’t continue to run after the car is switched off. Is this normal? Any other little changes like this to look out for?
    Maybe the APR tune has caused the engine to run cooler so the fan doesn't need to run after switching off ? Some tunes do alter the cooling management parameters. Also we are currently having a bit of cooler weather too.

My R fan only runs after switching off if I have been driving harder just beforehand or the weather is hot. See what happens if you switch off straight after giving the engine a good workout (not what I'd do on a regular basis, it is better to drive gently or let the engine idle for the last few minutes before switching off). If the fan doesn't run then I'd investigate a bit more.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).