Thread: 7.5R Front bumper removal + ACC

7.5R Front bumper removal + ACC

Hi,

Can anybody confirm if the ACC will require re calibrating once it has been disconnected due to a front bumper removal on a 7.5R ? - Mixed responses online.

Thanks

Users Country Flag
    I removed the front bumper off my Mk7 GTI about a month ago. I have the optional ACC radar in the lower front grill. I just didnt disconnect the plug going to it - didnt have any issues. If you unplug it then you may need to have it recalibrated.

2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Thanks for your response.
    I’ll see if I can leave the radar connected. Mine is connected to the upper grill for the 7.5. I just need the front bar off in order to install a splitter.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by R snow View Post
    Thanks for your response.
    I’ll see if I can leave the radar connected. Mine is connected to the upper grill for the 7.5. I just need the front bar off in order to install a splitter.
    You can leave the radar connected whilst removing the front bar on a MK7.5. I have done so on the TSI and will do it on the R when the new intercooler goes in.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Cheers mate 👍

Users Country Flag

I've disconnected the radar twice and both times I didn't recalibrate it. I haven't noticed any problems and it seems to function as before - still keeping a fair distance from the car in front with the closest setting available.

Good advice about not needing to disconnect it though. I might not have disconnected it if I knew I didn't have to.
    2016 MK7 Golf GTI 40 Years | White | DSG | UGP Stage 2 | IE Downpipe | XForce Varex Catback | Mishimoto Intercooler | Forge Turbo Blanket | Forge Turbo Intake Pipe | Gentleman's Intake Mod | K&N Air Filter | BMS Turbo Muffler Delete | GFB DV+ (T9359) | Eibach Lowering Springs | Superpro LCA | 034M Complete Dogbone Mount Replacement | 034M Rear Sway Bar | 034M Rear Endlinks | Whiteline Front Sway Bar | Whiteline Front Endlinks | Whiteline Roll Centre Kit | OEM+ Full Aero Kit | Audi RS3 Brake Ducts | Power Folding Mirrors | Various VCDS Tweaks