Thread: 7.5 GTi Rear Camera Questions

7.5 GTi Rear Camera Questions

Hi,

I've two questions or observations with my wife's GTI.

1. Placing the car in reverse we can hear the badge open to expose the camera but from time to time there's no picture. Whilst in this state I've got out and checked and the camera is definitely open

2. When the picture does work once you take the car out of reverse (neutral or drive) the picture instantly turns off. Is there a way to keep the picture there even if you're rolling forward?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by minke View Post

2. When the picture does work once you take the car out of reverse (neutral or drive) the picture instantly turns off. Is there a way to keep the picture there even if you're rolling forward?
    Sorry, I can't help you with the 1st issue, but re the 2nd I think I've read somewhere that the Reverse Camera is activated by a 12V power feed from the reversing lights when reverse gear is selected. If that is the case I suspect it would be quite tricky to have it active while moving forward (ie not in reverse gear).
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).