Thread: 7.5 GTi (7sp) DSG - No service?

7.5 GTi (7sp) DSG - No service?

Hi,

Recently did a service at my local dealer (2 year ) and the service advisor mentioned that there is n DSG service on the 7 speed. Said only 6 speed gets the 60,000 service

Found that odd as it is a wet clutch so would assume that a change of clutch would require change of oil alone ?

thoughts?

I’m guessing the service advisor is confused by the old rule of thumb: 6 speed is wet clutch (DQ250) and 7 speed is dry clutch (DQ200).

Of course, now the wet clutch is generally 7 speed (DQ381) and has been for quite a few years now.

Find a new dealer who knows their stuff?

Users Country Flag
    Just this week we had the three year 45,000 klm scheduled service done at the Dealer VW Service Centre. I rang the Service Advisor twice in advance to check specifically what service items the technician would be doing and what parts involved.

First answer was replace Engine oil and oil filter, air filter and otherwise check everything else.

Second answer was replace Engine oil and oil filter, air filter and otherwise check everything else.

So I asked specifically if replacing the Haldex oil was due, no he says Haldex is at 145,000 klm.

My wife took the R wagon in and before she arrived at VW Service Centre I rang to ask them to tell her specifically what the technician would be doing and what parts involved. Okay will do they say.

Afterwards at home, I ask for the Three years/45,000 klm Service Sheet and guess what was done:
    Replace Engine oil and oil filter, otherwise check everything else.
    PLUS Haldex oil was due and done at Three years, or 45,000 klm.

VW Service Centre, their left hand doesn't know what their right hand is doing!
    Last edited by Call me Al; 11-05-2022 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Mistake typing

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by minke View Post
    Hi,

Recently did a service at my local dealer (2 year ) and the service advisor mentioned that there is n DSG service on the 7 speed. Said only 6 speed gets the 60,000 service

Found that odd as it is a wet clutch so would assume that a change of clutch would require change of oil alone ?

thoughts?
    The DQ381 7 speed gearbox in your 7.5 GTI has a different service interval to that of the DQ250 found in the earlier Mk7 GTI (and Mk6 and Mk5).

The DQ250 is recommended to have the oil changed at 60,000km (or 4 years)
    The DQ381 is recommended to have the oil changed at 120,000km (not sure of time interval, perhaps 6 or 8 years)

Personally if you plant to keep the car for a while and keep it reliable, I would be getting the gearbox serviced earlier than 120,000km
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag

i changed my dsg oil (6speed) with what im assuming was a 100,000km interval.. was fine..

reason i say assuming is the dodgy mofo mechanics said they did the service but not sure if they actually did that after some other issues with them.

If it managed to go that long without a change then it did a good job... surprised how clean it was at for 100,000kms use