Thread: 2020 Golf R Fuel Gauge/Range fault

2020 Golf R Fuel Gauge/Range fault

Hi, I have a 2020 Golf R with 8.5k km on the clock.

I pulled out of a carwash earlier today and mid acceleration a got an alert that fuel was almost empty and had 55km of range left. I filled up a few days ago and would have more than 3/4 of a tank. There are no leaks etc.

Is this a know fault?

I am going to go to the petrol station later to fill it up and see if it resets.

Perhaps unrelated, for a few weeks I have an alert when I start my car telling me to have the vehicle inspected, I am 3 months and 6500km away from the scheduled service. There are no other alerts.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by mattyf83; 05-04-2021 at 04:32 PM.

Alert would of been set 12 months from them completing pre delivery (if you bought a demo this is likely sooner than when you bought it.

Fuel levels are measured by your driving style, so if you have been giving it the beans it will measure what's left and the assumed range left.

Generally this comes on at 80km left. Fill the tank and see how you go with the next fill.

I generally let mine get to 100km range and usually Squeeze 350km per fill with spirited driving. Although I did manage 200km when I first got my intake and couldnt stop accelerating to hear the induction noise.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I just filled it up at it took 50 litres.

I was 100% certain it was 80% full but must have mixed it up with my wife's Skoda.

Please disregard.