Thread: 2020 Alltrack Premium

Users Country Flag

2020 Alltrack Premium

Hello all. My wife and I are picking up a 2020 Alltrack Premium next week. The only cars left are dealer stock, so a limited number are available and lets not get into how difficult Covid-19 is making the process complicated. So we have sourced an Indium Grey Metallic Premium with Optional Sport Luxury package (18” alloy wheels, gearshift paddles, panoramic electric glass sunroof and dark tinted rear and rear side windows) I am skeptical about the sunroof however that combination was the only one available and the deal was OK. My wife has had a 2013 Mk6 GTi since new with a Stage 1 APR tune for the last four years but we now live in a smallish NSW country town and the ride over the local roads is pretty harsh, so it is time to move to something a little more practical. The Alltrack ticks all the boxes. The sunroof will be extra maintenance but what else it a retired husband for? Wish us luck!

2020 Alltrack Premium-2020-volkswagen-golf-alltrack-132tsi-premium-7-5-auto-4motion-my20-jpg
    VW number 8 = 2020 Golf Alltrack Premium/Indium Grey Metallic/Leather seats with extra fruit. (Gone)
    VW number 9 = 2023 Tiguan Elegance 162 TSI White with Sound and Vision package

Congrats and good luck! Sunroof is amazing, you won’t look back

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by westenderbender View Post
    Congrats and good luck! Sunroof is amazing, you won’t look back
    I have read some horror stories about the sunroof. I will be keeping a close eye on the drains and regularly cleaning the mechanism etc.
    VW number 8 = 2020 Golf Alltrack Premium/Indium Grey Metallic/Leather seats with extra fruit. (Gone)

Users Country Flag
    Congrats on the purchase! I've had my Premium in tdi form for 3 years now with no major dramas apart from the battery being replaced under warranty a few months ago. At the same time they actioned a service bulletin for a fix on the sunroof drains. Love the sunroof and never had a problem with it but my car is always garaged.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Quote Originally Posted by Rooboy View Post
    Congrats on the purchase! I've had my Premium in tdi form for 3 years now with no major dramas apart from the battery being replaced under warranty a few months ago. At the same time they actioned a service bulletin for a fix on the sunroof drains. Love the sunroof and never had a problem with it but my car is always garaged.
    Thanks for the information. Ours will be garaged when not in use too. I also spoke with a window tint company about adding a ceramic tint to the sunroof, along with the side glass. No issues there and as we live in the south west slopes of NSW summer days can be pretty hot sometimes.

Well, we picked up the Alltrack today and it is a 165 klm trip back home from the dealer, so we got a chance to see what is was like over suburban, freeway and secondary country roads. Very comfortable, steady handling, more than enough power. We think it is a step up from the Mk6 GTi in practicality and comfort. All in all, a very nice drive.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jggolf View Post
    Well, we picked up the Alltrack today and it is a 165 klm trip back home from the dealer, so we got a chance to see what is was like over suburban, freeway and secondary country roads. Very comfortable, steady handling, more than enough power. We think it is a step up from the Mk6 GTi in practicality and comfort. All in all, a very nice drive.
    Yep they are indeed a great car

Only issue i had was a crimped hose in the rear sunroof drain led to the spare tyre well getting full of water

All fixed under warranty

Enjoy your new drive i have 75k on mine in 3 years of driving still love it to bits
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooboy View Post
    Hey rooboy would that be due to mainly short trips? Maybe i should get mine tested after this covid mess clears up hmmmm

Good thing they fixed that crimped hose for you must have been a common problem
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Quote Originally Posted by Kachingg View Post
    Yep they are indeed a great car

Only issue i had was a crimped hose in the rear sunroof drain led to the spare tyre well getting full of water

All fixed under warranty

Enjoy your new drive i have 75k on mine in 3 years of driving still love it to bits
    I have time to go over the entire car with the proverbial magnifying glass and give it a better detail than the dealer did. The spider traps were removed during pre-delivery, as I asked for that. A bonnet protector and rear mudflaps were fitted on the weekend . An aftermarket dash mat is on order and the tint goes on tomorrow. It is a very nice drive on open country roads around where we live.

Users Country Flag

Gday Kachingg! Hope all is going ok with you. Short trips may have had some effect on it but they way it died was a bit strange.

It would seem it was a common problem for there to be a service bulletin on the sunroof.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options