Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 GTI - fuel consumption

Quote Originally Posted by rosslm View Post
    My Golf R stock Pretoria 19" 235/35/19 ContiContactSport 5P will return around +/- 6L /100km at 110km freeway cruise that's with DQ381 7 speed DSG if that helps, check wheel alignment I cannot see the change of wheel/tyres having a +1 l/100km difference.
    Good idea on the wheel alignment. When I got the Michelins and 19s put on, they were meant to have done an alignment. But they also had all 4 tyres at very different PSI (from 33 up to 39), so they may have screwed the alignment too.

I was going to wait til my 1st service last week before investigating the issue, in case an oil change fixed it. They recommended a wheel alignment but thought it was just an up-sell.

Quote Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post
    If you still have the old wheels & tyres it would be interesting to put them back on to eliminate the change in wheels as the cause for the increase in fuel consumption.

BTW 41psi seems a bit high for a GTI. I run 36psi all round on my heavier Golf R wagon.
    Nah sold them, couldn’t bear to look at them any longer haha

If you have changed wheel circumference then your consumption will be the same but consumption will measure differently on the read out as each rotation affects the distance.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mkrugs View Post
    If you have changed wheel circumference then your consumption will be the same but consumption will measure differently on the read out as each rotation affects the distance.
    The change in circumference is just 1.6% though from 225/40/18 to 235/35/19. There are websites you can compare changes between tyre sizes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I’m going to try a different servo to my usual BP next refill (which I’ve been going to almost exclusively since around the same time as the wheel change).

Let’s see if that makes a difference. Small chance, but if it goes back to normal then I can deduce that it’s a dodgy servo.

Quote Originally Posted by westenderbender View Post
    Thanks for the comments.

Anybody here run the 2019 GTI with 19 wheels? What sort of consumption do you get?

(Note that my 5.8 on the 18s was achieved regularly at 110km/hr, the equivalent driving on 19s is getting me 7.0)

Side note: this isn’t any sort of complaint with the car, 7L/100km is still bloody good, was just curious if a setting needed to be adjusted or if there was an increase from running the Michelins
    Yeah we have the 19 inch wheels. Cars done just over 20,000km. It’s currently averaging about 7 litres/100km (indicated on dash). Cheers, Yass

MK7 TSI Highline

Quote Originally Posted by yas786 View Post
    Yeah we have the 19 inch wheels. Cars done just over 20,000km. It’s currently averaging about 7 litres/100km (indicated on dash). Cheers, Yass

Thanks Yass! Is that averaging out from freeway driving or mixed? If mixed, that’s absolutely crazy good.

Update: filling up at a different servo didn’t change anything. Gotta be the tyres!

If you change wheel circumference, then distance travelled per rotation changes. This affects the distance per litre calculation.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12