Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2018 Golf R Performance Edition - wheel clicks

Lol .. the wet weather tends to mask squeaks and creaks and rattles and clicks and what not.
    RS
    R

Just saw this as I normally hang out in the Tiguan part of the forum!

My Tiguan 162 had exactly the same issue. Turned out to be incorrect wheel bearing grease used at the factory during assembly for a certain range of vehicles. There's a bulletin out for it.

Fix involves front driveshafts and wheel bearings coming out and being reassembled with the correct specification grease.

Users Country Flag
    Same thing in a B8 MY18.5 Passat. Ours did it, and still does it a little.

Users Country Flag
    I've been experiencing the same 'clicking' issue in my SE. It was quite noticeable at full lock and under a bit of load. VW replaced some parts and greased the bearings. This fixed the issue for about 3 days. It's currently back in the service centre awaiting a drive shaft (?) replacement from Germany. 10 days. At least I got a free loan car this time...

Users Country Flag
    I was looking into this as mine was doing the same thing. Sounded like a rock was in my front tires when turning more than 50% lock at slow speed. I looked and looked, checked over everything and all looked okay. About a month ago I installed 034 Motorsport Dynamic lowering springs myself. I have never done this before but bought all the right tools, carried out the installation and torqued everything back up to factory specifications. Shazam, noise now completely gone. I’m thinking it may have been something not torqued correctly from factory. Maybe tool on the production line was out of calibration for tightening some of the nuts and bolts in the front suspension. I’m not sure if this helps anyone but it indicates there is nothing broken to me and potentially it was a tightening issue and something was loose and clicking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some reports I've read have indicated a problem with the upper bearing on the front struts.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag
    Hi all, for information I've recently had my wheel clicking when turning on my 2018 SE Golf R fixed by the dealer. It was due to bad mating surface between the two piece brake disc arrangement. They sanded the mating surfaces and now its fixed, there was a TPI for this issue. The other issue I have that they are yet to solve is an oil leak onto the rear pendulum mount. I suspect Rear Main Seal but they think could also be DSG leak. Back for another check next week.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GRSE View Post
    Hi all, for information I've recently had my wheel clicking when turning on my 2018 SE Golf R fixed by the dealer. It was due to bad mating surface between the two piece brake disc arrangement. They sanded the mating surfaces and now its fixed, there was a TPI for this issue. The other issue I have that they are yet to solve is an oil leak onto the rear pendulum mount. I suspect Rear Main Seal but they think could also be DSG leak. Back for another check next week.
    Thx GRSE. My R is a 2018 too, with clicking. Is yours still fixed? Do you happen to have a reference to the TPI (my dealer seems to need all the help they can get)?
    cars (chronological) Morris850, Morris Mini DeLuxe, Cooper S, Mazda 1500SS, hard times so some old Holden, old Falcon Ute, better times so second hand Lotus Elan +2 (6 weeks, hopelessly unreliable) Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, second hand Datsun 260Z + 2 auto, Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo, Nissan 200SX turbo auto for 20 years(wonderful car burning ZERO oil after 200,000km & no problems when sold.. should have kept it), Toyota GTS 86 auto, now Golf R Mk 7.5 DSG built Aug2018, white.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234