Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Golf R Performance Edition - wheel clicks

Users Country Flag

Thanks for the tip on the painting, I'll check it at pick up tomorrow.
    New Ride: MY19 PW R Special Edition
    Past: MY12 5dr CW Golf GTI Manual

Quote Originally Posted by R snow View Post
    Have heard the click when close to full lock. Although very faint. Also, have you guys checked above your reflectors on each side of your rear bumper for areas not painted? Seen a few SE/PE with this defect.
    Mine's was perfect.. seems like an odd area to be missed from the factory considering they are dipped in a big pool of paint?

So today the team replaced the bearing struts and it appears as though the sound has gone.. had a friend have his wheel bearings replaced and the sound came back but I believe it is a plate or fixture that sits above the struts that is causing the noise..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Picked mine up yesterday morning. No sign of missed paint or clicks from wheels. Only 50km on it so far though. Will update the forum if that changes.

High likelihood of an ‘as new’ repair on the rear bumper missing paint. If a vehicle is damaged in transit enough, it might have justified a new bumper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was on a few showroom vehicles. Easy to miss as it is faint, but definitely there. Got mine resprayed under warranty.

Mine is starting to click at low speed while turning both ways. Due for a check up soon. Will definitely be asking them to have a look at it.

Annoying especially on a car that is new.

Users Country Flag
    How many KMs?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by R snow View Post
    Mine is starting to click at low speed while turning both ways. Due for a check up soon. Will definitely be asking them to have a look at it.

Annoying especially on a car that is new.
    R Snow, I spotted you at Liverpool going around a roundabout. Thought the clicking was a helicopter but it was your car. Should definitely get it checked out.

Anyways.....

Trolling as always Nicole lol

2017 built 7.5 Wolf here and I have the clicking. Seemed to be doing it whilst driving straight. I could only hear ir when it echoed off a wall or similar. I believe it is front right wheel. I mentioned it to the dealer at 1st service and they said they could hear it but couldn't locate the problem but said I'd be fine to continue driving it.

Intermittent ticking/clicking sound at low speed when turning, either going around a roundabout at near or full lock with no vibration to steering.

Not really noticeable in the inside with windows up but enough for anyone to notice on the outside.

Top strut bearings are going to be replaced, but imho don’t think that is the issue. The ticking noise is definitely coming somewhere from the outter hubs and not from the top. We shall see....

Will report back.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast