Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning – do not use tm tuning

Warning – do not use tm tuning

Just letting everyone know not to order anything from TMTuning as it appears they may be in trouble and you will lose your money as I just have. I ordered a $220 part from TMTuning (R32 Pedal set) and after 3 months of excuses as to why I hadn’t received it I got this reply:

“Hello Paul,

thank you for your email and apologies for any latency responding.

We thank you for your order but we must regrettably inform you that we will not be able to fill your order at this time. Due to supply changes in our market and company restructure the order shipment will be delayed longer than we would consider acceptable. Therefore, unfortunately the only thing we can suggest at this time is to look for another dealer and or shop to order the item in question - and or - return to us at a later time when the new site and product selection has been re-established.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we are sorry for the trouble, hopefully we can make it up to you next time!
    Thank you again for your understanding,

TM Tuning”

No mention of refunding the $220 and no response to my multiple demands for a refund.

Of course I can’t make a paypal claim now because its outside 45 days. I guess this was bound to happen eventually given how much gear I buy from overseas. Makes me really angry.

Be Warned!

Please pass this on to any other VW, AUDi or BMW or forums in the world you might be a member of. I have posted on VWWatercooled, VWGolfnet, golfmkv.com, vwvortex and r32OC.com.

Edit:
    Added to this post by Transporter (sorry for intruding, I haven't change the above text).
    Please, continue the conversation in the MK5 section where the original thread was posted. http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/foru...tml#post829937
    Last edited by Transporter; 01-07-2012 at 10:53 AM. Reason: add link
    Volvo S60 RD T6

Users Country Flag
    What a shame, they used to be very good. I bought a few items from them before and had no problem.
    When a company is having financial difficulty, your chance of getting refund from them is very slim. I'm sorry you're one of the many victim under this situation, luckily $220 is not a lot of money.

Its no compensation, but you probably arent the worst burnt customer if they are going under
    '07 Touareg V6 TDI with air suspension
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Users Country Flag
    Sorry about your losing $220, but I thank you for warning all of us. Always appreciate the good people on this forum.

Users Country Flag
    Here is the email I received from them today, they are prolonging the agony .....

"we are doing everything possible to supply your order shipment as soon as possible. We are asking that you please be a bit more patient. Your request is not ignored or forgotten.

You will receive another update shortly.

Thank you again for your patience,
    TMTuning"

Users Country Flag
    Finally it looks like its all over with TM Tuning. The home page of the site is down. Bye bye to hard earned cash

Users Country Flag
    That sucks, sorry.

ECS splashed my cc details all over the web, so they are not an option for me anymore either.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by PranK View Post
    That sucks, sorry.

ECS splashed my cc details all over the web, so they are not an option for me anymore either.
    Oh. Do tell.
    You mean they published your credit card number online ?
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by JustCruisn View Post
    Oh. Do tell.
    You mean they published your credit card number online ?
    See for yourself.

While its impossible to prove the relation, my card was used to buy flights from heathrow airport and ~$1500 spent on a spanish website within a few weeks of this hacking.

ANZ were good enough to give me my money back though.

Users Country Flag

I thought that ECS were very reputable?? You would expect this sort of thing to happen dealing with some 3rd world trader

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast