Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: batteries direct -- feeback

batteries direct -- feeback

Hi Guys,
    Just an update.
    My 2 month old battery would not hold charge for greater than 24 hours.
    I went to an auto electrician here, who said the battery is faulty (have documentation). However batteries direct wanted additional information regarding CCA ??? I took it to a few more places, including the general REPCO's, and all stated that their equipment showed it faulty, but could not provide all the information batteries direct wanted.
    I once again spoke to Batteries direct, and said I needed a battery for my car. They stated that the best bet was to buy a new battery, and send the old one in. They would then refund he money post their tests.
    I did so, but after speaking to them now, they have stated that the battery is not faulty ???
    So an auto electrican and a few generic battery places say it is, and they say its not (interesting).
    I have now spent an additional $180-00 on a second battery, and I am told that they cannot or are not prepared to do anything about it.
    Oh BTW: my new battery holds charge, but they said that must mean I have an intermittant fault ???

Just a bit of feedback.......
    Polo 9n3 GTI

Don't you have any written reports to confirm what "they said"?

Re: batteries direct -- feeback

Yes I do....
    The report from the auto electrician here says faulty, the report from batteries direct says not faulty.....

Sent from my GT-P7320T using Tapatalk HD
    Polo 9n3 GTI

Sorry, misread the post before. I thought you went to BD first, then to others, then came back.

probably you spoke to some loser there ,,,tell him to refund your moneyback and ask him why you would do all this if batt wasn't faulty..also ask him how long he is working there-probably just started .... tell them that you will call dep for fair trading ..be a bit man and they will send you refund just like that....

would be much easier that you went first to place where you bought battery show them receipt and just got new one- AFTHER its their problem....
    Oli
    Last edited by Oli; 31-01-2013 at 12:08 AM.

just lodged a complaint with consumer affairs, who spoke to them, and they again refused to refund money. next step , perhaps, Civil Disputes | Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal
    Polo 9n3 GTI

Users Country Flag
    Define the "FAULTY" reports from the assorted experts.

That word can mean anything.

I had one playing up and Toyota provided a printout on what was wrong with it whilst they were doing a major service.

Took it to Batteryworld who confirmed it.

I would have bought second one off someone else rather than risk a repeat performance.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

i bought a new batery at batteryworld approx 16 months ago

i then had suspicions about the battery

i went back and they checked it and it had dropped from 750cca to 520cca

at first they were reluctant to change it but when pointed out that 750 down to 520cca was down 30% they agreed to change it over

it is frustrating....whatever happened to customer support. I guess when you buy over the internet, there is a risk.
    Polo 9n3 GTI

Users Country Flag

Did they return the 'faulty' one to you? i.e. do you have the evidence back?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast