Support VWWC

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My 911

Users Country Flag

My 911

As some of you know last October I sold my R32 rally car and purchased a classic old 911 that we like to call Blau Frau or when we're angry at it the Blue shyte

Full Gallery HERE with Specifications

So being I can't leave well enough alone and since the end of January the car has been away with Michael at Promotive here in Brisbane getting a few things upgraded / modified.

The list is long and there is still a lot to go later on but the main things we have done so far are

• Installing an adjustable Tilton pedal box (I'm a short arse and wasn't happy with the pedal position)
    • Changing the clutch from cable operated to hydraulic
    • Upgrading all the brake lines to braided
    • Completely altering and refitting the rollbar to better fit the car and follow the B pillar angle of the car
    • Brand New Porsche Silver Knit carpet in RS style (looks stunning pics to follow)
    • Refurbished the Braid BZ Wheel from black to RSR style (see below)
    • General Maintenance and tuning and investigation of future mods / engine tweaks.
    • Powder Coating Black all the silver Rennline aftermarket parts.

Anyway I got some images tonight of the almost finished refurbished wheels from Michael at Promotive, they should arrive at Michael's next week from Melbourne and they are just doing some final finishing to them.

They are in RSR style and as you can see they went from black originally to bead blasted to RSR style. From the pics I have seen I am stoked with the work and can't wait to get them back on the car even if it has taken them since the end of January

Before being sent away

Bead Blasted

Starting the Refinishing

Almost Done

Once I get the car back and Michael and I have a chance to photograph and document everything that was done so far I'll continue the thread with updated images and info if anyone is interested.

Cheers Al
    My Garage

People are mushy - Paul Hawkins on the merits of where to crash on the Targa Florio

Users Country Flag
    Holy crap those 2 tone fuchs's look the business!
    When will we get to see this thing out at Happy Laps or in action?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I'm not going to be rallying it, it was a bare shell rebuild in 2000 so its in too nice a condition to hammer it at Targa. The odd track day or hill climb at Mt Cotton is on the cards though.

Cheers Al
    My Garage

People are mushy - Paul Hawkins on the merits of where to crash on the Targa Florio

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by quozl View Post
    I'm not going to be rallying it, it was a bare shell rebuild in 2000 so its in too nice a condition to hammer it at Targa. The odd track day or hill climb at Mt Cotton is on the cards though.

Cheers Al
    Happy Laps then
    We do them every month and it isn't too hard on the car as it isn't timed or flat out either, but spirited enough to have fun.

Congrats!

Users Country Flag
    nice mate, very nice indeed
    MY18 Golf 7.5R - Ecotune Stage 1
    Mazda RX2 - 13B Bridgeport GTX4202R

Users Country Flag
    Totally love it.

Thanks guys, wheels are on the way back from refinishing in Melbourne, new pedal box and carpet is in so should have it back by the latest early next week. We'll take some hi res images of all the work done the,

Cheers Al
    My Garage

A bit of an update now I have it back

Finally got it out for a wash and a drive after 6 months of upgrades.

Only a couple of crappy phone pictures for now sorry

Michael is going to take a series of images with his high end DLSR gear over the weekend if we can tee up a time to get together so I'll post some better exposed ones of the interior work as well but most of his mastery done to it is under the skin.

About 12k into it here so far with a long way to go until I'm happy.

Cheers Al
    My Garage

A few of the changes / upgrades, I'm sure to miss a lot of them but I'll try and drag out the invoices at some stage.

• All the silver anodised Rennline parts powder coated black, I'll try and get photos of each one (I hate bling)

• Custom made drivers side perforated floor board behind the pedals

• Tilton pedal box fully adjustable bias (still to choose mounting point for adjuster) and also custom fabricated mounting plate by Michael with multiple mounting position forward and back for the pedals (I'm a short arse and hated sitting so close to the wheel to get full travel on the stock pedals but didn't want to affect the sitting position of any of my friends who might drive it with me on track days and the like. It is a quick and easy job to adjust the location of the pedals for the perfect seating position for any driver)

• Clutch changed from cable operated to hydraulically operated. Done as part of the pedal upgrade. All the lines for brake and clutch are braided Kevlar from the pedals to master cylinder.

• Removal of vacuum brake booster done as part of the pedal box upgrade. the pedal feel is so good now and the pedal is so firm. You can really modulate the braking now and this is one of my favourite upgrades.

• Roll bar removed and completely re-fabricated re-welded and then powder coated. The cross bar was on the wrong side, the whole roll bar was forward of the B pillar so Michael reconfigured it to match the angle of the B pillar and moved the cross bar to the correct side for RHD car. All beautifully tig welded before powder coating and refitting.

• Brake lines all replaced and upgraded to full braided

• Wheels sent to Classic Road and Track in Melbourne for refinishing in RSR style. This took 6 months of work and they have polished lips and are Anodised on the outer rings. The silver petals and black centres are painted with the silver petals in the rough RSR finish to match the anodising. We were going to fully Anodise them but they are two piece wheels and the centres are a slightly different material so the best solution was to paint the centres.

• Full interior re-trim in OEM Porsche silver-knit carpet in Porsche RSR style. Carpet sourced from Germany and supplied by Classic and British in Sydney. All the patterns for the carpet were custom made and the full custom install with the roll bar in situ was done by F&H trimmers in Coorparoo. Steve is from the old school of doing things and is pedantic in making sure it was as close to the factory style as possible

• A general overall service of the engine, gearbox and drive train was undertaken by Michael at Promotive, things like pads, oils, rotors, plugs, leads, globes, tyres anything and everything was replaced with new.

Michael also oversaw the whole of the project from start to finish for me and I can't recommend him more highly. He is pedantic about everything being done to the highest standard possible and his fabrication and engineering skills are second to none and I am very grateful to have him looking after my car. In his spare time he builds competition full carbon monocoque planes and put a jet engine in his two seater petrol powered chopper for the fun of it so looking after my car is a dawdle for him

I'm sure there is a lot I have missed and I'll keep updating the thread in the coming months as we get pictures of everything and move onto the next stage which will now be a full respray with the new IROC front and rear bumpers including new headers and dual rear exhaust like the IROC cars had and relocating the oil cooler to the front bumper area

Cheers Al
    My Garage

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast