Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My 911

Users Country Flag

I am sincerely happy to see this come along so much. And that you are not cutting any corners along the way. I'd love to be doing the same!
    2015 Multivan Highline
    1969 Sunbeam Imp Sport 930cc

Users Country Flag
    Thing of beauty Al.
    Coming along great.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks guys
    My Garage

People are mushy - Paul Hawkins on the merits of where to crash on the Targa Florio

Users Country Flag
    Looks great mate. Michael at promotive is excellent. Love his workshop and his helicopter. Michael overhauled my 944Turbo brakes for me at a unreal price. Come do happy laps. I did it for the first time at lakeside yesterday with the Porsche club in my 66 beetle. Its got a big engine and keeps up with 911's like yours easily. The GT3's not so much.

Users Country Flag
    I'll echo the "join in happy laps" call.
    I am organising the next one at lakeside in August so let me know if you want in.

Thanks guys, I've got recce for Targa Adelaide at the end of this month and then the event the end of August followed by Targa High Country recce and rally to come which I'll be doing in the silly seat but I'll see if I can fit in a day in between somewhere. Still a long way to go until I'm finished with the cars mods / upgrades.

Cheers Al
    My Garage

People are mushy - Paul Hawkins on the merits of where to crash on the Targa Florio

Users Country Flag
    I was a bit slow the other day mate. Was over at Graeme's, should popped over and checked out the mods first hand !

Drop in any time mate,
    My Garage

Some more images of the work undertaken so far.

The pedal box, and Momo Prototipo wheel with quick release mount custom made by Michael at Promotive.

The custom adjustable Tilton Pedal box and custom made backing plate. The pedal box is adjustable in reach with two positions, mine and the stock position further forward if someone taller wants a drive.

Rollbar reconfigured to match angle of B pillar and powder coated the same as the IROC cars were & shift linkage panel cover powder coated. All Interior trimming by F&H Motor Trimmers using Porsche Silverknit carpet in RS style

Some of the trimming work by F&H showing the seat belt covers he custom made and covered in leather

New master cylinders mounted to powder coated blower motor cover. Also powder coated strut tower brace, smugglers box cover and powder coated odyssey battery mount.

Close up of master cylinders and beautiful new braided lines. All lines were changed out for braided. The clutch was changed from cable operated to hydraulically operated as well.

Odyssey battery mount powder coated.

The beautifully refurbished wheels from Melbourne Classic Road and Track

Engine bay clean up and a few tweaks to the engine by Promotive

Great shot of the arse end.

The paint is in fairly good condition but the whole car will be resprayed once the front and rear IROC bumpers and whale tail are fitted.

Here you can see how the rollbar runs in line with the B pillar as the original IROC cars did.

Denny Hulme's 74 911 RSR IROC (International Race of Champions) It was a racing series in the off season to F1, Indycar, Nascar and Can Am Sports car racing that Roger Penske started using equal 911 IROC's for the first two seasons before they changed to Camaro's. Drivers included Denny Hulme, Emmerson Fittipaldi, Bobby Allison, Mark Donohue and many others.

We are trying to emulate this car in performance and look when my car is finished, though without the sponsor logos.

Current exterior shot of my car. If you compare it to the previous Denny Hulme IROC image you will see I need to replace the front and rear bumpers with the light weight non impact ones and I will use the whale tail for track days and keep the duck tail for the street. We will have a quick release system for the deck lids so they are easy to change out.

Originally the first 12 cars came from the factory to Penske with the ducktail but they found it had too little downforce so changed to the whale tail.

I will also have the car completely resprayed in the current original Arrow blue and get rid of the rocker sills as well as replace the Carrera decal with Porsche decal.

Before that we will be replacing the brake rotors and callipers and sending the shocks out to Murray Coote for a tickle as well as adding a through the body sway bar and changing the torsion bars for something more suitable.

Finally we'll drop the engine and trans and give them a good performance upgrade and replace the complete wiring loom with one of Michaels custom light weight looms he makes.

More to come as things progress, there is a full gallery of the latest images available on my Imgur feed HERE

Cheers Al
    Last edited by quozl; 06-01-2015 at 12:45 PM.
    My Garage

Users Country Flag

Holy sheet. Looks incredible! Totally in love!

What size are the rear tyres?

What kind of weight will it end up being? And what kind of power figures?

Seriously, I love your car. Would love to see it in the flesh one day. The pedal box did funny things to my insides.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast