Thread: 50th Anniversary of the 911

50th Anniversary of the 911

Hi All

For you all Porsche fans out there, below is the link to the video created after the Sydney 50th Anniversary of the 911 event:

Porsche Australia 50 Years of 911 - Porsche Origin | view and share articles, news, images, videos, events

Glad to be able to say I took part in the event. It was a great day, but have to admit I was a little disappointed the video as there were many fantastic 911's (Like the powder blue 993 RS we were behind) that didn't even get shown

Cheers
    Matt

Users Country Flag
    Very nice devastated I missed out looked like a great day. My dad used to own a 930 1986 model he sold it about 6 years ago but he never sold the wide body turbo kit he had for it full set up all genuine also has borbet wheels with it he is looking to sell it in the next few coming weeks if you know anyone or best place to post it on a forum can you let me know? Also are there any other days coming up like this I know 50th anniversary is a big one but even just car park meets to check out some old Porsches would love to come along miss my dads red 930 such a fun car old Porsches are. The powder blue 993 rs sounds incredible also any photos?
    Last edited by slimjim; 03-10-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Users Country Flag

Sorry was a 911 careera exactly the same as this one in the photo but without the spoiler he had a full wide body set up laying around though

^^^

Nice! One of my favorite models, especially in red!

There's actually another 50th Anniversary event at the Royal Hall of Industries, but it's invite only

The Porsche Club of NSW I know is having a meet up in Newcastle on the 17/11/13... Will see if I can find more details, but that would be the best event if you wanted to see some nice old school 911's.

Users Country Flag
    Yeah love the old 911's.. No worries if you get any more information about it can you please pm me thanks. I used to go to Porsche club days when dad had his remember 100's of awesome 911s on the cruise but never saw any 959's which are pretty ugly looking but for some reason I liked them ahaha think they would be pretty rare now a days in Australia though

959's are quite possibly the best Porsche ever made... At least in my opinion.

Here's a few pics from last nights event:

50th Anniversary of the 911-dsc_0266-jpg50th Anniversary of the 911-dsc_0269-jpg50th Anniversary of the 911-dsc_0273-jpg50th Anniversary of the 911-dsc_0274-jpg50th Anniversary of the 911-dsc_0276-jpg