Thread: In my dreams..................

Users Country Flag

In my dreams..................

Hi all
    Just received this email flyer from a US BMW forum where BMW NA has released it's pricing on the new M5 plus others. Makes my blood boil at how much we are being ripped off here in Australia. Even a new F30 320d is cheaper in NZ by 7k plus (NZ$74400) drive away vs AU$67500 in Aus! so the can't use the LCT as an excuse!

Hopefully one day we will all be able to buy our cars new off the net directly from the factory and bypass the dealers much like the retail industry. I dream..............

Dear BIMMERPOST Member,

We're live at the 2012 NYIAS and BMW has just announced the starting prices for the 2013 M5, M6, and 6 Series Gran Coupe for the US market.

The 2013 M5 will start at just $90,695 <more info>.

The M6 coupe at $106,995 and the M6 convertible at $113,995 <more info>.

The 2013 640i Gran coupe has been priced at $76,895, 650i Gran Coupe at $87,395 and 650i xDrive Gran Coupe at $90,395 <more info>.

BMW has also just introduced the X1 SAV for the U.S. market, with retail pricing starting at $31,545-$39,345 <more info>.

Be sure to check our HOMEPAGE for continuing coverage of the 2012 NYIAS.

Users Country Flag

NA Market get's a lot less options than we usually get standard.
    They also don't incur luxury car tax, or have ADR's to comply with.

They also have a market size 20 times what our market is so economies of scale dictate that you can sell for a little less.

Also, they have to compete against a number of US domestic vehicles where as in Aus we dont actually have anything made here other than a falcon which is dying off and a commondore which is also dying off.