Support VWWC

Thread: I've jumped ship!

Users Country Flag

I've jumped ship!

In a similar vain to Richard (Guile), I've also found myself in a BMW. The TT was such a fantastic car but the potential transmission problem (leak) had me always questioning whether it would just get to a point where something major would happen and cost me more than the car was worth (I've heard horror stories). So after 70,000kms in the TT I traded it in for a 2019 BMW Z4 from Brisbane BMW. A very different dynamic to the TT with the soft top and it's much more of a cruiser. Found the 2 litre option had enough poke and it was a relative bargain considering the options the original owner had spec'd. The tech in it is on another level, amazing what has changed in 4 years (comparing to my 2015 TT).

I've jumped ship!-20200704_100222-jpg

Wasn't looking for the Z4, a black car or convertible but it caught my eye. I had looked at offerings from the usual group - Merc, Audi and even test drove the Supra. Mercedes didn't even approach me in the new dealership at Breakfast Creek and Audi didn't bother either (Fortitude Valley). The Supra was way overpriced and they didn't want to negotiate on a 2019 demo, not even $1 off. A very disappointing experience across all those dealers. OJ at Brisbane BMW was excellent, lovely guy and called to see how I was going with it a week later.

Anyway, very happy with it and QLD is the place for a convertible (especially in winter).
    BMW Z4 (2019)
    Audi TT quattro (2015), s-line in Nano Grey - sold

Users Country Flag
    nice work mate, I hope you can make it Sunday for the drive. I'm keen as mustard...

Adrian should find out tomorrow if his 1M will arrive in time...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Weather is looking good mate!
    BMW Z4 (2019)
    Audi TT quattro (2015), s-line in Nano Grey - sold