Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: New Merc A Class takes the fight to VW Golf

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes_WIR35 View Post
    I'd also be leasing through my company. The GTI Adidas was about RRP $51,500 including on roads. I think I managed to get it for about $46,500. Could I expect an A250 sport DCT with bi-xenons, leather, satnav, bluetooth and ipod connectivity for that money? (I realise most of these items would be standard but I haven't really researched them a great deal yet).

If Toyota/Subaru bring out a turbocharged or supercharged version of the 86/BRZ then that will confuse the decision even more...
    I got a price a fewmths back for the a250 and it was Bout $55k
    2011 cw golf gti 3dr man-tint-rear cargo mat-weathershields-bluetooth-mdi-19" oz racing ultra leggera-mcgard lockbolts-boston acoustic pro60se-jl audio xd700/5-jl audio bass tube bb-w060p- titanium exhaust tips-eibach custom pro-kit-OPS-OSIR cf mirror covers and cf front lip-dieselgeek short shifter

Users Country Flag
    There was a grey A250 parked in the visitor's car park of the town houses next door to where I live, so I went out for a look. It's quite a stunner, but it seems really odd having no gearshift in the centre console. How do you select REVERSE or stick it in PARK?
    MY10 Golf MkVI 103TDI United Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstrat View Post
    There was a grey A250 parked in the visitor's car park of the town houses next door to where I live, so I went out for a look. It's quite a stunner, but it seems really odd having no gearshift in the centre console. How do you select REVERSE or stick it in PARK?

Do you see the knob behind the wheel? The one with the R on it? That's the gear selector

Shame they didn't use the A45 AMG one. That looks the business!

Users Country Flag
    Ah, OK, I didn't notice that when I peeked through the driver's side window. Thanks Doggie, and yes, the A45 AMG knob looks wunderbar!
    MY10 Golf MkVI 103TDI United Grey

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstrat View Post
    reverse is a little stalk on the right. park you can hit the little button on end of the stalk. or if you just switch the engine off and take out the key it selects park itself
    Once had a Red mk6 GTI + DSG + leather + sunroof + mdi + towbar

now have a gorgeous Red Merc A250 AMG Sport

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobes_WIR35 View Post
    I'd also be leasing through my company. The GTI Adidas was about RRP $51,500 including on roads. I think I managed to get it for about $46,500. Could I expect an A250 sport DCT with bi-xenons, leather, satnav, bluetooth and ipod connectivity for that money? (I realise most of these items would be standard but I haven't really researched them a great deal yet).

If Toyota/Subaru bring out a turbocharged or supercharged version of the 86/BRZ then that will confuse the decision even more...
    check the car sales site it covers off options and pricing pretty well

New 2013 Mercedes-Benz A250 Sport W176 March Pricing and Specifications - carsales.com.au

only option I went for on the a250 was the command pack. as the a250 is fully loaded otherwise.

the merc a class website is pretty good at describing whats the standard car and what each option pack brings

Mercedes-Benz Australia - Facts & Figures - A 250 Sport, Sport Model

I understand toyo/subaru have said its not possible to turbo the donk on the toyabaru. if looking at that car its really quite different kettle of fish in anyways. no boot to speak off, no rear seat to talk of. hasnt got the straight line speed. nice car but I dont think they went far enough in either motor, gear box or wheel tyre combo. theres the sti coming and it might bring some handling, exhaust, body kit and other mods.
    Last edited by alebonau; 06-08-2013 at 08:52 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by alebonau View Post
    check the car sales site it covers off options and pricing pretty well

New 2013 Mercedes-Benz A250 Sport W176 March Pricing and Specifications - carsales.com.au

only option I went for on the a250 was the command pack. as the a250 is fully loaded otherwise.

the merc a class website is pretty good at describing whats the standard car and what each option pack brings

Mercedes-Benz Australia - Facts & Figures - A 250 Sport, Sport Model

I understand toyo/subaru have said its not possible to turbo the donk on the toyabaru. if looking at that car its really quite different kettle of fish in anyways. no boot to speak off, no rear seat to talk of. hasnt got the straight line speed. nice car but I dont think they went far enough in either motor, gear box or wheel tyre combo. theres the sti coming and it might bring some handling, exhaust, body kit and other mods.
    Nice Red A250 you have there.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Nice Red A250 you have there.
    thankyou transporter do love the a250 in red !

Users Country Flag

Thanks for the info guys.

Yes, the 86/BRZ is a different proposition, but the Mrs wants a Range Rover Evoque so she can have the "practical" car then....haha.

I have my 30th birthday coming up in a couple of years. I had a thought the other day that I might hang on to the GTI until then, and treat myself to a 1980's Porsche 911 Carrera for my 30th.

My problem is that I have such a broad appreciation for cars, it's too hard to choose just one! Sometimes I think it would be good to be a simpleton Holden or Ford man - your decision is practically made for you then.
    His: F22 BMW M240i Coupe Hers: F56 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910