Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Merc A Class takes the fight to VW Golf

ill be going to check it out tomorrow. from the pricing calculator, it would seem that the a250 sport compared to a similarly specced gti is actually about the same, like for like.
    the a250 has 18" wheels, panoramic sunroof, faux leather, rvc, parking sensors, climate control, bixenons, same power, and for many, the badge.
    i believe the a250 is definitely aimed at the gti, whereas the a45 will be aimed at the m135, and a fully specced s3. the golf r will also be in this class but of course it will be slightly cheaper, whether the few extra thousand dollars in savings is down purely to the badge, who knows.
    2011 cw golf gti 3dr man-tint-rear cargo mat-weathershields-bluetooth-mdi-19" oz racing ultra leggera-mcgard lockbolts-boston acoustic pro60se-jl audio xd700/5-jl audio bass tube bb-w060p- titanium exhaust tips-eibach custom pro-kit-OPS-OSIR cf mirror covers and cf front lip-dieselgeek short shifter

Quote Originally Posted by walbjj View Post
    faux leather
    So it doesnt have leather as standard.

For those who don't want options its still quite expensive, but I get that if you're the type of person who gets most of the mentioned options then the Merc A250 is something to think about..
    Last edited by jessv3; 12-02-2013 at 07:32 PM.
    MKV GTI

Quote Originally Posted by jessv3 View Post
    So it doesnt has leather as standard.

For those who don't want options its still quite expensive, but I get that if you're the type of person who gets most of the mentioned options then the Merc A250 is something to think about..
    its called artico, a suede like leather material. kind of like alcantara. its actually pretty good. i prefer it over smooth leather. in fact, i prefer cloth to them both, but thats just me.
    real leather is an option however.
    as far as not wanting options, i guess they market the a250 as being the "top model" with most options included. being a benz and all.
    i guess the horsepower race is always a factor, the a250 comes out to match the gti, then the mk7 gti comes out with more power, etc, etc.
    2011 cw golf gti 3dr man-tint-rear cargo mat-weathershields-bluetooth-mdi-19" oz racing ultra leggera-mcgard lockbolts-boston acoustic pro60se-jl audio xd700/5-jl audio bass tube bb-w060p- titanium exhaust tips-eibach custom pro-kit-OPS-OSIR cf mirror covers and cf front lip-dieselgeek short shifter

Users Country Flag
    its called artico, a suede like leather material. kind of like alcantara. its actually pretty good. i prefer it over smooth leather. in fact, i prefer cloth to them both, but thats just me.
    as far as not wanting options, i guess they market the a250 as being the "top model" with most options included. being a benz and all.
    i guess the horsepower race is always a factor, the a250 comes out to match the gti, then the mk7 gti comes out with more power, etc, etc.
    the amg exclusive option for the a250 is only $2.5k ie cheaper than leather for golf gti and you get a lot more than just leather seats for that on the merc. but for me I actually like the two tone standard dinamica interior. its the same as what get on the c250 and looks fantastic. my wife is not a fan of leather at all so this a good option with the micro fibre inserts that looks like suede and why myself have just gone with the standard car and command option. really doesnt need much more
    Once had a Red mk6 GTI + DSG + leather + sunroof + mdi + towbar

now have a gorgeous Red Merc A250 AMG Sport

i prefer it over smooth leather. in fact, i prefer cloth to them both, but thats just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by alebonau View Post
    my wife is not a fan of leather at all so this a good option with the micro fibre inserts that looks like suede and why myself have just gone with the standard car and command option. really doesnt need much more
    Its funny how different we all are, both me and partner cannot live without full leather, I made the mistake of buying my MKV GTI with tartan (cloth) and just missed leather everyday, so much that I purchased a leather interior from a wrecked MKV GTI and had the tartan seats, door trims and center console replaced with genuine leather
    MKV GTI

Users Country Flag
    wow quite a move !

hehe rather than that jackie tartan I went and got leather on my mk6 golf gti too. and man my wife has hated the car ever since for it ! so have yielded this time around. any time talk of a new car now first thing she asks....will it have leather seats ???
    Once had a Red mk6 GTI + DSG + leather + sunroof + mdi + towbar

now have a gorgeous Red Merc A250 AMG Sport

The 'official' pics of the A45 AMG have emerged ahead of its launch in Geneva. Apparently 0-100 in 4.6sec with a price tag close to $80k here in Australia. No idea of the options list but if the other classes are an indication assume A250-spec with the AMG packs / wheels / leather as a starting point.

It seems AMG are going to target buyers of the S3 and BMW 1M rather than competing at the price point of the Golf R. I'm really looking forward to driving it to see if the AMG craziness survives in AWD form, but until then I'd still go with a Stage 3 Golf R for the same money.

here is a fantastic review
    AUSmotive.com » Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG revealed

There's a guy suggesting it'll start from 69k, like the M135i, which is a bargain

Aesthetics aside, isn't the 135 a 6 pot engine? Seems odd to pit the 4 pot AMG against it.

Users Country Flag

New Merc A Class takes the fight to VW Golf

Isn't that the whole point of turbocharging, allowing small capacity engines to compete with large capacity engines at the same time potentially providing less weight, more fuel economy ....
    8VSS2L/16 E9E9 XG MP SPP1 4ZD 6XK CSC5P with an extra free 10kW

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast