Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: " My other car is a Merc" thread

" My other car is a Merc" thread

balkanac started a thread in the new BMW forum section so I thought I'd do the same over in the Merc side to get things rolling.

Regular forumers may have already seen my (wife's) Merc - we ended up buying it after we discovered we couldn't order a new R36 Passat Wagon from the factory in late 2010.

The car is a 2011 C63 Estate with performance pack - 480hp / 353kW. The stickers are from its run at the Temora 1000 sprint last year - standing km in 24.2sec @ 225kph with my wife behind the wheel.

Absolutely in love with the car but sadly found that the MB owners club in Canberra aren't exactly my type of people.

Users Country Flag
    wow, that looks really nice!! had no idea they came in a wagon
    1991 BMW 318is RED E30

Users Country Flag
    holy bejezus! I LOVE the C63 wagons, what a car *dribbles*
    VW: it aint just a car, its a way of life
    There are few things more satisfying in life than finding a solution to a problem and implementing it
    My Blog: tinkererstales.blogspot.com.au

I might try and post some photos of my dads mercs in the US, E63 with performance pack and the new 5.5TT V8 and his GL550... Both really nice cars an ill post some photos when I get home
    2014 Golf GTI PP - Pure White

Quote Originally Posted by balkanac View Post
    wow, that looks really nice!! had no idea they came in a wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by GoLfMan View Post
    holy bejezus! I LOVE the C63 wagons, what a car *dribbles*
    Thanks - I must admit I didn't have too much involvement in the purchase process other than chasing some thoughts from this forum as to a suitable R36 alternative - my wife did the test driving herself and picked the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie28 View Post
    I might try and post some photos of my dads mercs in the US, E63 with performance pack and the new 5.5TT V8 and his GL550... Both really nice cars an ill post some photos when I get home
    Would love to see some pics of the E63 - I've heard great things about the new 5.5 Twin Turbo V8 and I'm keen to look at the E63 Estate which is finally being released in Australia later this year purely for this engine.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesatfish View Post
    Would love to see some pics of the E63 - I've heard great things about the new 5.5 Twin Turbo V8 and I'm keen to look at the E63 Estate which is finally being released in Australia later this year purely for this engine.
    I have to say the engine is amazing and sounds beautiful!! He's decided to keep the stop start on because it makes a really nice bark when it fires back up will upload the photos I have by the end of tonight (if I remember)

303 Timberwood Cir Lafayette, LA 70508-5853
    Users Country Flag
    I am waiting for some good pics of the E63 ....

sorry about he quality of the pics they're off my dads and my iPhones... but anyway here are the pics i have...

these are the ones my dad sent me when he "wasn't going to buy one" and then picked it up the next day and picked me up at the airport in 3 days later...

and heres my photo which i took in a dingy underground carpark...

Fantastic looking car - love the little carbon fibre spoiler lip on the boot and the alcantara steering wheel that comes as part of the performance pack. Thanks for sharing the pics.

It is an awesome car, I love it and it looks amazing and because he lives in the US it was heaps cheaper than a C63 without performance pack here... Damn Americans and their bargains...

And this may sound weird but IMO it sounds even better than the old 6.2...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast