Support VWWC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: my other car is a c63 grocery getter...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

took the push bikes up the coast last weekend. car drove really well and not a peep of noise from the racks with the spoiler fitted to the front...

did my first oil change...

I'm always a bit nervous for some reason when working on cars with silly priced engines but it couldn't have been any easier...

filter housing and drain plug all torqued to spec. with old cars in the past I didn't normally bother with torque specs but it helps with the nerves as noted above...

I replaced the air filters too while I was at it...

Last edited by guile; 10-11-2021 at 07:57 PM.

installed eibach lowering springs for that sporty ride and slight improvement on appearance in my opinion...

spot the deliberate mistake, don't you hate these silly little design flaws when you can't remove a bolt because it clashes with something. got it out in the end by use of two jacks and having to split the exhaust joint at the centre section...

only a marginally noticeable drop but that's what I was going for...

time for a test drive...

C63 AMG W204 Lakeside DTC - YouTube

and one from inside the car...

C63 AMG W204 Lakeside DTC in Car - YouTube

Users Country Flag
    Good to hear that basic maintenance is easy enough on the C63. My ISF was probably the easiest car ive ever owned for doing an oil change - the engineers actually thought about access for maintenance.

Gosh I hate it when the engineers dont think (or care) of things like being able to remove that bolt - if only they put it in the other way around huh...
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 11-03-2022 at 08:46 AM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

I totally agree mate. I could understand if they were vertically aligned bolts which is probably best practice to have the head of the bolt on top and the nut on the bottom just in case the nut backs off...

no reason these can't be the other way around as far as I am concerned so they got reversed when they went back in...

Users Country Flag
    Nice thread...

Heres our other grocery getter, and the missus daily.. MY21 C63S with Ceramic brakes, and sports seats. its got some sort of air freshener delivery system as the other option, which is nice but hideously expensive to replace the consumables.. So far the missus has put only 9K klms on it in 12 months.. Ive had faster cars, but nothing thats the complete package like this, its something else to drive, sheer pleasure you get..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my other car is a c63 grocery getter...-20201121_175237-jpg   my other car is a c63 grocery getter...-donk-jpg  

Last edited by meeso; 05-06-2023 at 03:46 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Lovely car and great colour. If your wife gets sick of driving it then let me know and ill come and grab it.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Lovely car and great colour. If your wife gets sick of driving it then let me know and ill come and grab it.
    Thanks Lucas, its their flagship colour for this model. I doubt she will ever let this car go, its her dream car and shes been wanting one forever.. Ive even bought her a track day pack at wakefield with pro racing driver to coach her.. should be interesting mybe ill post the video when it happens

Quote Originally Posted by meeso View Post
    Nice thread...
    thanks mate, I'm slightly jealous of your more modern version which I'm sure is a lot nicer inside and has a lot more power but that v8 N/A sound of the W204 never gets old. I'm forced to smile every time I fire it up...

I bought it some new shoes for xmas...

not really sure I'm keen on them 100% yet but they're a bit different and the W204 is hard to buy wheels for because of its boxy shape...

fitment for this car is not that easy either so they'll be staying for now. I have kept the old ones to go back on if ever I sell it...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast