Thread: Mercedes Benz Financial

Mercedes Benz Financial

Hi Guys..
    I went to see A250 and had a chat with a guy there. He told me that being a government employee, I can get corporate discount and 3 year free servicing. He said we can only talk about discount if I were to place an order. I know many have placed an order for A. Can someone help with the my qustions?

1. How much corporate discount the usually give?
    2. Do they allow corp discount and baloon payment finance together on a single deal or its either of them?
    3. Any idea on current interest rate with MB financial?
    4. Has anyone compared novated lease vs baloon finance option?

I have had cars on lease but with 3 years free servicing and baloon options, it is very tempting. Usually lease has high interest rates and looking at current offering from car providers I dont know if lease is worth an effort?

Any help appreciated.
    Thanks
    2018 MK7.5 Lapiz Wolf Wagon with Roof

Quote Originally Posted by macdub View Post
    Hi Guys..
    I went to see A250 and had a chat with a guy there. He told me that being a government employee, I can get corporate discount and 3 year free servicing. He said we can only talk about discount if I were to place an order. I know many have placed an order for A. Can someone help with the my qustions?

1. How much corporate discount the usually give?
    2. Do they allow corp discount and baloon payment finance together on a single deal or its either of them?
    3. Any idea on current interest rate with MB financial?
    4. Has anyone compared novated lease vs baloon finance option?

I have had cars on lease but with 3 years free servicing and baloon options, it is very tempting. Usually lease has high interest rates and looking at current offering from car providers I dont know if lease is worth an effort?

Any help appreciated.
    Thanks
    That's bull $%# about discussing discount only if you place an order. That's car salesman talk for getting you to sign and then giving you stuff all discount. Make them show their cards before you sign! They try all of the dirty tricks in the book.

1. I don't think you get any discount on the car. They give you discount from the OTR costs. You get free servicing for 3 years and 4 years road side assist. You also get a courtesy car when your car is being serviced. My suggestion is to pretend that you cannot get corporate discount when you are discussing price as they use that as a carrot to hide the minimal discount they give you. Bargain hard with them and once you get to a price you agree on, hit them with the corporate discount. The dealership doesn't lose any money on the corporate discount. As I understand it, MB Australia extends this offer to the dealerships. The discount should be the same at every dealership.

2. Keep finance aside until you agree on the price. I think you find Merc finance is a separate division so make a phone call to them directly to find out the details on baloon payment finance. Tell the salesman you are paying cash and you want the best price. They dealership doesn't care how they get the money. I went with BMW finance for my A250 order.

3. Not sure on MB, but BMW finance worked out to be around 7.1% compound interest. I can also pay it off early and not get penalised on the interest. The 1% - 2% deals that are around are normally a simple interest and have a lot of caveats.

4. Can you claim your car on tax? Talk to your accountant about these options.

The A250 is extremely popular so you may struggle to get much discount. I ordered myn on opening weekend and still have to wait till July so you also may be waiting a while.

Hope this info helps and don't let the car salesman push you into a sale you are uncomfortable with.
    MY10 Skoda Octavia vRS Wagon 2.0 TSI 6sp Man
    A250 Sport on order (impatiently waiting!)

Quote Originally Posted by TuNeS View Post
    That's bull $%# about discussing discount only if you place an order. That's car salesman talk for getting you to sign and then giving you stuff all discount. Make them show their cards before you sign! They try all of the dirty tricks in the book.

1. I don't think you get any discount on the car. They give you discount from the OTR costs. You get free servicing for 3 years and 4 years road side assist. You also get a courtesy car when your car is being serviced. My suggestion is to pretend that you cannot get corporate discount when you are discussing price as they use that as a carrot to hide the minimal discount they give you. Bargain hard with them and once you get to a price you agree on, hit them with the corporate discount. The dealership doesn't lose any money on the corporate discount. As I understand it, MB Australia extends this offer to the dealerships. The discount should be the same at every dealership.

2. Keep finance aside until you agree on the price. I think you find Merc finance is a separate division so make a phone call to them directly to find out the details on baloon payment finance. Tell the salesman you are paying cash and you want the best price. They dealership doesn't care how they get the money. I went with BMW finance for my A250 order.

3. Not sure on MB, but BMW finance worked out to be around 7.1% compound interest. I can also pay it off early and not get penalised on the interest. The 1% - 2% deals that are around are normally a simple interest and have a lot of caveats.

4. Can you claim your car on tax? Talk to your accountant about these options.

The A250 is extremely popular so you may struggle to get much discount. I ordered myn on opening weekend and still have to wait till July so you also may be waiting a while.

Hope this info helps and don't let the car salesman push you into a sale you are uncomfortable with.
    +1, walk into another mb dealership and pretend u know nothing about the corp disc and jsut say ur interested in the best price off the bat. when he gives it to u, then hit him with both barrels. play ur cards tight, dont let them know what u bring to the table
    2011 cw golf gti 3dr man-tint-rear cargo mat-weathershields-bluetooth-mdi-19" oz racing ultra leggera-mcgard lockbolts-boston acoustic pro60se-jl audio xd700/5-jl audio bass tube bb-w060p- titanium exhaust tips-eibach custom pro-kit-OPS-OSIR cf mirror covers and cf front lip-dieselgeek short shifter