Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Release: Racingline MQB 2.0TSI Stage 3 kit

Users Country Flag

Release: Racingline MQB 2.0TSI Stage 3 kit

We are very pleased to announce the details of the Racingline OEM+ Stage 3 kit for the Golf 7/Audi S3/MQB 2.0T EA888 Gen 3 platform - a complete and well-thought-out turn-key solution that blends ultimate performance with peace of mind.

What turbocharger is used?

The kit is centred around a larger turbocharger, using the stock factory IHI turbocharger housing as a base.

Inside, however, the internals are redesigned from scratch with a custom turbine wheel and high quality bearing pack to safely accommodate the increased power level.

For you, this means piece of mind. Installation is simple and worry-free, as it reuses every factory fitment, oil line and coolant connection - even the factory gaskets. No aftermarket fixings, no adaptors, no worries for thousands of hard miles of enjoyment.

If you already have an aftermarket 3" downpipe, intake system and/or intercooler - it's all reusable with the Stage 3 kit.

Every single turbo is entirely built in the UK, balanced, checked and tested to in excess of its maximum operating speed on a Vane Flow Test Rig machine to ensure perfect quality each time. The wastegate is then calibrated for precise operation and control to ensure full integration with the OEM+ calibration.

What's included in the kit?

As well as the turbo itself, a Turbo Muffler Delete, the Turbo 90 High Flow Elbow and the High Flow Turbo inlet pipe are included in both kits.

In order to extract the maximum power from the larger turbocharger, an upgraded high pressure fuel pump (HPFP) is required.

The new Racingline upgraded HPFP has been thoroughly developed on road and track over the past 12 months to support the Stage 3 kit, flowing over 50% more than the factory pump. The HPFP supplies the necessary pressure and volume to the fuel rail to comfortably service up to 650hp.

How does it perform?

It's impressive to say the least. Stage 3+ is rated to 500hp.

In Brisbane on our Dynapak hub dyno, multiple Stage 3 equipped Golf R's have produced nearly 350kw and 600nm at the hubs.

Compare this to a standard Golf R which makes around 200kw and 380nm on our hub dyno, and you start to understand the performance a Stage 3 car is capable of.

On the road this immense power and torque combined with a tuned DSG has delivered a 0-100km/h time of just 3 seconds, putting a Stage 3 Golf R, S3 or TT well within supercar punishing territory.

At Willowbank Raceway here in Queensland we've recorded a staggering 10.956 second 1/4 mile at 127.9mph.

In spite of these impressive figures, the Stage 3 kit does not detract from the overall driveability of the car. As with all Racingline performance upgrades, drivability and reliability are right up there alongside outright performance.

Using the stock IHI housing ensures a low-lag spool on the turbo and great efficiency - to the benefit of power, smoothness and even economy.

But I'd like to watch and hear it too?

Sure.

Is it safe?

At this level, all of the supporting hardware is stable and safe, and all of the ECU’s component protection systems are fully operational. Other tuners have witnessed engine and turbo failures when pushing beyond this level, particularly without a built engine.

We don’t want this to happen to you, which is why Racingline are offering a safer, reliable, turn-key package at safe peak power levels.

Speaking of testing, we have subjected it to some of the most extreme conditions including Motor magazines Hot Tuner challenge 2016 and World Time Attack 2016, plus countless track days and drag strip events. Between both the Australian development cars, our Golf R and S1, there are over 1300 dyno pulls between them in temperatures up to 40 degrees celsius.

So you're ready to go Stage 3, now what?

In conjunction with the Stage 3 kit, there are a couple of other 'must haves'.

At this power level, the Racingline R600 intake system is highly recommended, although other intakes are compatible. You will also require a 3" downpipe with high flow cat and an upgraded intercooler.

Click here to read more about our back-to-back R600 vs APR intake testing.

With a manual transmission, an upgraded clutch is required, and we supply and recommend our Torque Control heavy duty clutch which is capable of withstanding over 600nm of torque whilst maintaining good pedal feel.

For DSG transmissions, our unique Harding Performance Stage 3 DSG software is required to handle the torque. This software is specially calibrated for the stock clutches, and only by delving deeper into the calibration, can we achieve such incredible figures from these clutches.

To view pricing, please visit our online store. To order your Racingline Stage 3 kit, please contact us or your nearest distributor.
    Last edited by byron@hp; 20-11-2017 at 08:31 AM.
    Harding Performance
    1300 730 949 www.hp.net.au
    Racingline Performance, Milltek Sport & HP

I like your custom plates....

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    We recently completed another Stage 3+ installation on a MK7 Golf R and this is what the customer had to say after a week of driving.

This car is fitted with;

Racingline Stage 3 turbocharger
    Autotech upgraded HPFP
    Racingline intercooler
    Racingline R600 intake including silicone hose and turbo elbow
    Milltek Sport 3" catted downpipe to stock cat-back
    Harding Performance Stage 3 DSG software (stock clutches)

Everything else on this car is standard right down to the tyres - although we've stressed to the customer that a brake upgrade needs to be completed ASAP!

Guy, Jon and Byron,

I've had the Golf back for a week now after getting the Stage 3 kit installed and am very happy with the results of the upgrade.

I had the Stage 1 kit for about 10 months and the performance increase from that alone was amazing. But nothing compares to the change with the addition of the the full Stage 3 kit

As you are aware the car is completely stock but it continues to handle the power and torque increases without fuss. Although if the right foot goes too far down, the traction control does have to do a bit of extra work.

I do want to the say how good it is driving around town. I am out on the road visiting clients every day and the upgrade has not changed the drive-ability of the car at all. I've just got to be more mindful of speed limits as the Golf jumps very quickly to them and beyond when pressed.

I can't wait to get it onto the track to see what it can do for the quarter mile since the goal was that 11 sec mark.

Thanks again.
    Harding Performance

Users Country Flag
    Hi Byron, have you guys got published, repeatable increase numbers for OEM+ Stage 1? The UK site has been "coming soon" for a while... Are the prices a state secret also?

Coming soon: MY19.5 Tiguan 162 R-Line + S&V White
    Now: 2017 MK7 GTI|Reflex Silver|Manual|Poverty Pack
    Gone: 2010 Golf VI GTI|Carbon Steel|DSG|MDI|Leather|18" Detroits|APR Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by gr33nbastad View Post
    Hi Byron, have you guys got published, repeatable increase numbers for OEM+ Stage 1? The UK site has been "coming soon" for a while... Are the prices a state secret also?
    We do, yes, on our HP website (which is about to be updated and re-launched).

hpnew - Racingline OEM+ Performance ECU Software

MK7 GTI's gain 72kw and 80nm for a cost of $1450.
    Harding Performance

Hi Byron,
    With the stage 2 OEM+ tune, is it supposed to run really rich? I currently have a OEM+ Stage 2 tune, and I can't even sit in traffic with the windows open or even start the car with the double garage open as the exhaust fumes are just far to strong. Any guidance or help would be appreciated.

Current mods:
    VWR 600 Intake
    Custom 3.5" downpipe (suppose to have a cat, but tba)
    GFB DV+
    GFB Turbo Muffler Delete

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Reichter View Post
    Hi Byron,
    With the stage 2 OEM+ tune, is it supposed to run really rich? I currently have a OEM+ Stage 2 tune, and I can't even sit in traffic with the windows open or even start the car with the double garage open as the exhaust fumes are just far to strong. Any guidance or help would be appreciated.

Current mods:
    VWR 600 Intake
    Custom 3.5" downpipe (suppose to have a cat, but tba)
    GFB DV+
    GFB Turbo Muffler Delete

Thanks!
    Hi, to keep this thread focused on the Stage 3 kits, please email us at sales@hp.net.au.

Thanks.
    Harding Performance

Hi Brian,

Recently had the racingline stage 3+ hardware installed with the HPFP. noticed the mph is a little low compared to your timeslip at willowbank (122 vs 127), I do recall there was a few files that could be loaded, one being with (hpfp decat etc) but another file was loaded which i think was v2.8 or something along the lines. are there different files between stage 3+ and stage 3?

thanks!
    I take photos | threetwoone.com.au
    I also drive a MY16 R

Quote Originally Posted by fonsii View Post
    Hi Brian,

Recently had the racingline stage 3+ hardware installed with the HPFP. noticed the mph is a little low compared to your timeslip at willowbank (122 vs 127), I do recall there was a few files that could be loaded, one being with (hpfp decat etc) but another file was loaded which i think was v2.8 or something along the lines. are there different files between stage 3+ and stage 3?

thanks!
    Hi fonsii,

Sorry for the late reply. Have you had your questions answered by your dealer or us already?

We don't actually offer the kit without the upgraded HPFP now, so I'm certain the correct file was loaded in that regard.
    Harding Performance

Quick update on the kits, we have delivered & installed over 50 kits Australia wide now, all excellent & trouble free.

Recently released the new version for the S3 Facelift (with the 7 speed Stronic) and the Golf R 7.5 with DQ381 7 speed.

We also recently were bought in for Volkswagen Australia's ART3on ART CAR project - they gave us the task of taking 1.7 seconds off the 0-100 time & we managed to achieve that in a week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast