DNA Tuning (Australia)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DNA Tuning Frankenturbo Stage 3 Kit Introductory Offer

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Yes I am currently working on an F23 kit; not much of the kit would have to change but I would say for moderate to aggressive boost levels, an upgraded fuel pump will definitely be required.

Frankenturbo do have their upgraded in-line pump upgrade, but I'm not sold on it not being a direct OEM-style replacement, etc.

Rather, I'm thinking of including a Walbro 255LPH complete with OEM cage for fuel tank drop in, but yes I have absolutely no problem with supplying the F23, as long as customers are aware that without upgraded rods they run a risk of causing severe engine damage in the event of overboost, etc.

As for your ECU, it is a Bosch M3.8 series, which, once installed with a soldered chip, will need to remain that way - SRS-II does not support these older types. For a soldered chip replacement, we may have to send the ECU to the UK to get an F23 tune programmed chip soldered in, or socketed so that updated revisions can be done locally via TSOP reprogrammer.

Quote Originally Posted by schwartza3 View Post
    Hi mate,
    Any chances of introducing F23 kit?

Also, I currently have GIAC chip which is soldered in the ecu.
    Would the chip need to be removed to run DNA program or can you reprogram it?
    Does the SRS work on the AGU ecu's - 06A 906 018 CJ?
    Cheers

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kaanage View Post
    How much would be usable on a 1.9 TDi?
    I know the injectors would be need be different...
    Greg! Long time no chat; I'm not sure physically how everything bolts together on the 1.9TDI - one way to find out! Are the diesel engines indeed built like tanks? If so, an F4H on a 1.9TDI could be quite an animal! Realistically you should still get a decent powerband above 2800-3000rpm I would say - but certainly there is some compromise on the low end power.

I'd be very interested to hear what your thoughts are on the possibilities.

Users Country Flag
    Top deal on the packages John. Have to agree about the fuel pump, much better to use an intake upgrade IMO. The APR style one, can be had without the price tag if you know where to look

Going over 300hp is another worry, you'd get away with it for a while but it would eventually end in

Do you guys not bench flash the ME3.8?

Gavin

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by h100vw View Post
    Top deal on the packages John. Have to agree about the fuel pump, much better to use an intake upgrade IMO. The APR style one, can be had without the price tag if you know where to look

Going over 300hp is another worry, you'd get away with it for a while but it would eventually end in

Do you guys not bench flash the ME3.8?

Gavin
    One of my tools which I use for the older cars works fine for the M5.9, but at least from what I've experienced doesn't seem to support the M3.8 - maybe I missed something?

Apparently some of the cheap tools can, ie. Galletto, which I do have as well, can do this, but I haven't had the chance yet since getting one to confirm this.

Either way, there's several ways of cooking a steak, so with each customer I will look into what the most feasible way is - it would be nice if I had everything the guys in the UK have, but I don't exactly have $30k lying around unfortunately.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DNA Tuning View Post
    One of my tools which I use for the older cars works fine for the M5.9, but at least from what I've experienced doesn't seem to support the M3.8 - maybe I missed something?

Apparently some of the cheap tools can, ie. Galletto, which I do have as well, can do this, but I haven't had the chance yet since getting one to confirm this.

Either way, there's several ways of cooking a steak, so with each customer I will look into what the most feasible way is - it would be nice if I had everything the guys in the UK have, but I don't exactly have $30k lying around unfortunately.
    You could join Custom-Code for a lot less than 30K. My flash app lists 5.9 and 3.8 together, so it might be worth having a go. Agreed there's plenty of ways of doing the job, I like the idea of doing it the easiest way though!

Gavin

i thought 300whp was fine on AGU with bigger wrist pins than newer 1.8t's.
    its the low end torque/boost spike that will bend a rod not the hp, it comes down to the tune i guess.
    1.8T AGU | K04 | GIAC | 380cc | VR6 MAF | Custom Intake | FMIC | TIP | 3bar FPR | N75J | 42DD 3-2.5" TB | GFB DV | FK Highsport | ECS Stage 1 Clutch | OZ FUTURA

Users Country Flag
    so how much for the install, or is it included in the price.
    The daily
    White 2001 Mk4 GTI
    GIAC stage 1 - ECS stage 1 clutch & 14lbs Flywheel - 42Draft/Remus Exhaust - APR R1 dv - N75J - K&N

Quote Originally Posted by theOctopus View Post
    lol I dont think it would be included for that price. Guessing it would be around another $1000
    MODS- TOO MANY

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by theOctopus View Post
    Install included? Not much chance mate, it would take a good half a day to do the turbo alone.

Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by h100vw View Post
    Install included? Not much chance mate, it would take a good half a day to do the turbo alone.

Gavin
    The Manifold that comes with the kit is a Bi$ch to get on

And a Tip for anyone who buys a kit, get some OEM washers for the Turbo oil line. They are 80 cents each and will save you from pulling the turbo off to fix a oil leak Doh
    Last edited by vwthunder; 07-02-2012 at 11:06 AM.
    MODS- TOO MANY

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DNA Tuning View Post
    Realistically you should still get a decent powerband above 2800-3000rpm I would say - but certainly there is some compromise on the low end power.
    Oh, scratch that option for the diesel then - it's too close to the redline!!
    Resident grumpy old fart
    VW - Metallic Paint, Radial Tyres, Laminated Windscreen, Electric Windows, VW Alloy Wheels, Variable Geometry Exhaust Driven Supercharger, Direct Unit Fuel Injection, Adiabatic Ignition, MacPherson Struts front, Torsion Beam rear, Coil Springs, Hydraulic Dampers, Front Anti-Roll Bar, Disc Brakes, Bosch ECU, ABS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast