Thread: Vw504.00/507 oils compared

Users Country Flag

Vw504.00/507 oils compared

For those who like to chose their VW approved oil based on more than just VAG approval here is the link to document that saves a bit more time when trying to find the data on the internet. OILS COMPARED 507.00.xls - Google Drive

I gave a call to some oil companies and tried to confirm their data, so far only Penrite gave me a bit more info about their Enviro+5W30 oil than what I could find on the internet.

Also Total and Mobil1 data are quite up to date. I will further update when new info becomes available.

The bottom line is that all VW approved oils should perform well in your engine and give it the manufacturer's specified minimum engine protection.
    Last edited by Transporter; 18-05-2019 at 01:36 AM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Well, these oil companies they don't always (hardly ever) tell you, that they had to get OK from the engine manufacturers to lower the HTHS number because of the environment legislations in place. So, it's the environment first and then the anti-wear protection of your engine. If my memory is serving me well, I think they went down from HTHS 4.2 to HTHS 3.5 when the oil manufacturers had to stop using certain oil additives sometimes after year 2000.