Support VWWC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: now i've added audi to my collection

now i've added audi to my collection

Just bought a 2008 MY09 S5 manual.. keeping it stock other than looking to replace the multimedia to a RSNAV unit.. missing waze and android auto.. lol
    one thing i find weird, car was built in oct08, but complianced in nov09?? why would it take so long??
    2008 MY09 Ibis White Audi S5 Manual SOLD!
    2017 MY18 Manganese Grey VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg SOLD!
    2018 MY18 Indium Grey VW Golf 110TSI Comfortline, DAP & Infotainment, Folding Mirrors!
    2023 MY23 Nevada White Cupra Formentor VZx

Users Country Flag
    Is the MY08/09 the 4.2 V8 or the supercharged V6? I cant remember when Audi started using the supercharged V6 in the S5's. Either way, nice car especially with a 6 speed manual box.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Is the MY08/09 the 4.2 V8 or the supercharged V6? I cant remember when Audi started using the supercharged V6 in the S5's. Either way, nice car especially with a 6 speed manual box.
    the only manual S5 available was the V8 coupe. I do prefer the 5door fastback shape, but sadly only supercharged V6 dsg.. dont think the V6S was available until MY10
    2018 MY18 Indium Grey VW Golf 110TSI Comfortline, DAP & Infotainment, Folding Mirrors!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by FarQ View Post
    the only manual S5 available was the V8 coupe. I do prefer the 5door fastback shape, but sadly only supercharged V6 dsg.. dont think the V6S was available until MY10
    Ah ok - wasnt sure when the V6S became available. Shame its only in DSG guise but thats the way the world is going.

Funnily enough ive driven a red RS5 probably 6-7 years ago (my brother used to work for Audi so i've been lucky enough to have driven pretty much everything in the Audi range including a V10 R8 ) and its a great engine.

A guy recently joined the forum who has a red RS5 so you two might end up being S5/RS5 buddies.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 05-03-2020 at 02:05 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Ah ok - wasnt sure when the V6S became available. Shame its only in DSG guise but thats the way the world is going.

A guy recently joined the forum who has a red RS5 so you two might end up being S5/RS5 buddies.
    yeah, if he's in Vic you never know! lol. Not sure how good the V6S with the s-tronic DSG is reliability wise, as the V8 came with a traditional tip-tronic auto...

Users Country Flag
    yeah, if he's in Vic you never know! lol. Not sure how good the V6S with the s-tronic DSG is reliability wise, as the V8 came with a traditional tip-tronic auto...
    Well instead of the Audi SQ5 I got for my wife a few years ago, I really wanted an S4 Wagon or S5 Hatch with 4 doors and they both had the V6S engine and DSG. I did a hell of a lot of reading and apparently both engine and DSG are generally very reliable - especially so on newer low km examples that I was interested in (3 years old and under 50,000km).

Unfortunately wife is extremely stubborn and wasn't interested in an S4 or S5 and only had eyes for the SQ5 so here I am with an SQ5 that has been nothing but trouble for the 18 months that we have owned it. FYI the SQ5's are also supposed to be very reliable but we must have got a car that was built on a Friday afternoon.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 05-03-2020 at 03:03 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Well instead of the Audi SQ5 I got for my wife a few years ago, I really wanted an S4 Wagon or S5 with 4 doors and they both had the V6S engine and DSG. I did a hell of a lot of reading and apparently both engine and DSG are generally very reliable - especially so on newer low km examples.

Unfortunately wife is extremely stubborn and wasn't interested in an S4 or S5 and only had eyes for the SQ5 so here I am with an SQ5 that has been nothing but trouble for the 18 months that we have owned it. FYI the SQ5's are also supposed to be very reliable but we must have got a car build on a Friday afternoon.
    Ahhhh.. the love of SUVs... lucky for me, my wife cant stand them..
    Why not the petrol SQ5? Both petrol and diesel came with the tip-tronic and not s-tronic...

Users Country Flag
    Ahhhh.. the love of SUVs... lucky for me, my wife cant stand them..
    Why not the petrol SQ5? Both petrol and diesel came with the tip-tronic and not s-tronic...
    No petrol SQ5 available in Australia - TDI only unfortunately. When i realised that we had to get an SUV, I desperately tried to convince my wife to get the (very rare combo) V6S engine and then spend a few grand dressing it up to look more like the SQ5 but I was getting shot down left, right and centre.

The SQ5 has the 8 speed ZF auto.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

The SQ5 has the 8 speed ZF auto.
    That should be solid. so the issues mainly around the diesel?

Users Country Flag

That should be solid. so the issues mainly around the diesel?
    DPF issues mostly. Pain in the bum.

And just after Christmas (after fixing the latest DPF issue which had the car off the road for about 10 days due to the Christmas/New Year period) the active exhaust has now decided to stop working. Looks like the computer module for the active exhaust had given up (located passenger side boot under trim). Hoping its the module as its much cheaper than replacing the special active mufflers (although still around $700 to replace the module).

Car is only 4 years old and 45,000km mind you. Lemon of a thing.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast