Support VWWC

Thread: Leaking transmission

Users Country Flag

Leaking transmission

A recent service with an independent has revealed what looks to be a leaking transmission, its booked in with Audi for Tuesday next week and the car is under warranty but I'm just wondering if anyone has had an experience with a leaky DSG?

Leaking transmission-thumbnail_img_4300-jpgLeaking transmission-thumbnail_img_4298-jpgLeaking transmission-thumbnail_img_4296-jpgLeaking transmission-thumbnail_img_4294-jpgLeaking transmission-thumbnail_img_4295-jpg
    BMW Z4 (2019)
    Audi TT quattro (2015), s-line in Nano Grey - sold

Users Country Flag
    I wonder if it could be a rear main seal? I had the rear main seal go on my Mk6 GTI and it was leaking where the engine block and the gearbox bolt together. Cost a small fortune to have it replaced.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks Lucas. I'm guessing it'll be an expensive warranty claim no matter what the issue I could do with it being fixed quickly without numerous visits to the dealer. That's the biggest nuisance, booking it in to have it looked at (taking the day off work) - chances are high it won't be resolved on Tuesday and it's whether I can continue to use the car. I sent the service manager the photos just for a rough idea and he thinks its only a minor leak.
    BMW Z4 (2019)

Users Country Flag
    Its not a bad leak by any means (more annoying really - especially on a new car) so dont let it stop you from using the car.

I know the rear main seal is a common issue on the Mk6 GTi engine, but not so sure about the newer engine in your TT (i assume its the same engine as the Audi S3?).
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I think it's the Mk7 Golf GTI engine, it's a 2015 car and with 54,000kms. I've just found out a work contact of my Mrs just had his 60k service done and Audi found the same issue when they were replacing the transmission oil so I'm hoping they come up with a quick fix, his car was off the road for a month while they fixed it
    BMW Z4 (2019)

Users Country Flag

A month! That's nuts. Lets hope that not the case for you, but at least you should get a loan car.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST