Thread: Barry Handley, gone but not forgotten…

Users Country Flag

Barry Handley, gone but not forgotten…

It’s with great sadness that I write this post about a dear friend to many people on this forum and to the modified car scene in general…

I only found out just after Christmas that Barry Handley passed away and I instantly felt sad and shocked. I’ll be honest that I didn’t know Barry that well but we always had time for each other at the track and he would generally give me a call every couple of weeks or so just to say g’day…

I had his number saved in my phone as “Barry Audi TT”; I didn’t even know his surname. I remember that my phone was sitting on the kitchen bench when he called once and my girlfriend asked, “Who is Barry Audi TT?” It made me laugh and I responded, “just a great guy who really likes his cars and is always keen for a chat”…

I want to remember him and I’m sure some of you do too so I decided to write this post and include as many photos of his beloved Audi TT that I could get hold of. Thank you to all those that took photos of Barry’s car over the years and I hope that you don’t mind me reposting them. Apologies I haven’t asked for permission but I’d like to think that is ok in the circumstances…

Rest in peace mate…

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yep, gutted...

Hope you’re well mate and things are good in Melbourne. Let me know if you are ever up this neck of the woods. I’ll PM you about a DSG tune I’m keen for Ingrid’s A5 3.0 tdi...

Users Country Flag
    Great bloke, he will be missed.

yep, very sad but at least we had the fortune to know him. his enthusiasm was very contagious and I always enjoyed chatting to him...

liking the latest incarnation of the gti mate with its new livery, keep up the good work...

Users Country Flag

We’ve had stickers made if anyone is interested. They are decent quality and have UV inks so should last. $10 posted anywhere in Oz.

Last edited by grandturismo; 28-02-2019 at 07:25 PM.

looks good, I'm in mate. let me know how I get the funds to you please...