Support VWWC

Thread: B8 A4 3.0 TDI things to look for

Question B8 A4 3.0 TDI things to look for

Ok,

After numerous hours researching, I think I've decided milk and coke only come in 2L, so will instead go for the 3.0TDI B8 A4. As a platform, they offer a lot more bang for your buck if you plan to 'mildly' modify them (wish I still had those LM's).

I'm off to check out a low mileage one this weekend. Anything I should be looking for?

Cheers,
    Neil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whubbsie View Post
    There is nothing better than a polo badge, thats why you will notice Veyron drivers with polo gti badges.... they know where the true sizzles at!

Users Country Flag
    DPF
    EGR system
    Intake manifold runner flaps
    Coolant leaks - water pump
    Turbo

I’m sure there are more to add, but that’s what come right now to my mind.

Users Country Flag
    Just from my experience I’d add engine mounts and serpentine belt condition. I snapped two belts in 12 months which the mechanic said was down to poor design and sharp edges of the plastic pulleys...

Pulleys were since replaced with alloy items...

Well the audi wasn't what I thought it was, so am now the prou new owner of an E60 530d

Took it for a spin up old pac today and I'm pretty chuffed. One owner from Killara who has realy looked after it.

B8 A4 3.0 TDI things to look for-car-jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Whubbsie View Post
    There is nothing better than a polo badge, thats why you will notice Veyron drivers with polo gti badges.... they know where the true sizzles at!