Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Audi SQ5 alternatives?

Users Country Flag

Congrats Mate!

IMHO - Thats the colour to have.
    Volkswagen -Enthusiasten

Users Country Flag
    Looks very nice indeed i am impressed can see why your wife would not budge

Good call on the low dust pads i have ATE ceramics on my car and love the feel and lack of dust
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag
    Have you done the stage one tune yet mate?
    That blue one we looked at is still for sale. It's now back at Newcastles cheapest cars ha! Droped it all the way from their original price of 53. To 37,900.
    Lots of SQ5s are under the 40 mark now.
    I've been flowing them for so long now that they actually looking really old even though they are only 4ish years old. Probability because Audis of the same age have already moved into the next generations sharper shape.

Having ongoing issue with the EGR valve on our Q3 btw.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi - sorry for the late reply. Haven't looked on here much in the past few weeks.

I have been looking into the stage 1 tunes from Superchips which claims around 25kw and 90nm gains, but i would like to look into disabling the EGR via both the software and also a blanking plate - so i need to speak to them and see if they can offer this in their software. I would have probably had the tune on the car by now had i not had some issues in the past 4-6 weeks with the DPF and also the P2006 error which was the throttle plate being stuck closed due to carbon buildup.

These issues made me lose some trust in the car overall so after getting these fixed i am a bit skeptical to spend $900 on a stage 1 tune for the car if we do not keep it long term.

Wow so that dark blue one is still for sale? I bet they are sick of that sitting around. If they do not have the bigger wheels, nicer seats and sunroof they are much less desirable to buyers....plus that one was pretty rough (hadnt been cared for) and had done quite a few km's which wont be helping the situation.

Yes i agree that the Q5/SQ5 is showing its age, but don't forget the base shape in the Q5 has been out since 2008/09 so its a 10 year old platform now. Same goes with my Lexus IS-F, that base shape came out in 2006 in the IS250, but it wasn't until 2008/09 before the IS-F was released so that shape was already 3 years old. They kept making the IS-F until 2014, there is no way i would have paid $130k for one brand new in 2014 when it was well and truly out-of-date compared to it's competitors.

The good thing about the new generation Q5/SQ5 is that apart from the new front end, the sides and rear of the car looks very much the same IMO. I was walking along the foreshore over the weekend and there was a new SQ5 in a slightly lighter shade of grey to my car and i had a good look at it. Obviously the interior is much newer in its design, but i felt the exterior wasn't much different.

So what issue(s) have you had with your Q3? They are the 2.0TDI correct?

Quote Originally Posted by ZR36 View Post
    Have you done the stage one tune yet mate?
    That blue one we looked at is still for sale. It's now back at Newcastles cheapest cars ha! Droped it all the way from their original price of 53. To 37,900.
    Lots of SQ5s are under the 40 mark now.
    I've been flowing them for so long now that they actually looking really old even though they are only 4ish years old. Probability because Audis of the same age have already moved into the next generations sharper shape.

Having ongoing issue with the EGR valve on our Q3 btw.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 24-04-2019 at 12:49 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Sounds like there are some pretty common issues with the Audi diesels.
    Ours is the 2.0T but there are 2 version form memory the 103kw and the 130kw we have the 130kw. The issue with ours is the P0402 EGR which came on only 2 days after we bought it.
    My mechanic convinced me it just needed a clean out as he had done one on an Amarok just the week before, but to do it on the Q3 the subframe has to be dropped out so it was a 600 dollar job just for a clean, and guess what that wasn't the issue. So I was pissed at him cuz the light only came back on after I'd already paid. So he replaced some flow sensor for free but that didn't work either. So the next step is to replace the value which I'm not convinced that this is the issue and it's like 1400dollars so I'm not willing to spend that on a maybe solution as every thing else he suggested hasn't worked so far. I have a scan tool so I just clear the code every so often and sometimes the light doesn't come back for weeks other times it back straight away.

I would hate to spend 50k on a second hand car and have ongoing issues. So I'm concerning the less expensive Amarok but I can't bring myself to do it cuz of the lack of tech and lux not to mention the handling and the acceleration or lack thereof.

Re: the Blue on your spot on... I reckon they will have to drop it at least another 5k for it be worth it.

Users Country Flag
    They just dropped It another 1k. It's now the cheapest on carsales.
    I can't believe they originally listed at 53k.

They just dropped It another 1k. It's now the cheapest on carsales.
    I can't believe they originally listed at 53k.
    For that price is a bit of a bargain to be honest. There are plenty other SQ5's with more km's on them, so it cant be the km's. I think it's the fact that the car is a bit rough overall and is lacking options. But im sure at the new price it won't hang around too long.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    Other than the 21inch wheels and the stitched seats.... What are the options?

Other than the 21inch wheels and the stitched seats.... What are the options?
    There are quite a few.

- Radar cruise control (radar is in an odd spot near the drivers side foglight)
    - Heated seats
    - Bang & Olufsen stereo (only easy way to tell is look for the speakers on the front doors/upper dash)
    - Black out pack (black grill and black window trim)
    - Panoramic sunroof
    - Carbon fibre interior trim pieces (standard trim is a brushed silver which looks pretty bland)
    - Rear window blinds
    - Bigger wheels (as you mentioned)
    - Diamond stitched seats (as you mentioned)

I might have missed one of two others but those are the main ones. I believe some of these options were bundled together as tech packs or comfort packs etc for a lump sum of money.

Basically most people want the bigger wheels (until the realise how much the tyres cost), the diamond stitched seats, and the sunroof. Most of the other options are nice-to-have's.

We got all of the above on ours except for the rear window blinds and the black out pack.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 02-05-2019 at 03:59 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Gave the old girl an oil change the other day. It was serviced about 7 months ago/8,000kms ago (by Pete @ Newcastle VW Centre) but i always like doing 6 month oil changes so i figure ill do one myself in between each "log book" service.

I enjoy doing the oil changes myself, and it gives me a change to study the engine/driveline and inspect for any issues/leaks/worn items. The sump, swaybar, subframe and undertray were a bit grotty (presumably from previous sloppy oil changes as there are no leaks) so i gave everything a good degrease and clean while i was in there.

The cabin filter was dirty and had been starting to smell a bit the past month or two so in went a new one.

It was the first time i had done an oil change on this car so i was pleasantly surprised to see that its an easy car to work on which was both welcomed and surprising.

Audi SQ5 alternatives?-img_2767-jpg

Audi SQ5 alternatives?-img_2770-jpg

Audi SQ5 alternatives?-img_2772-jpg

Audi SQ5 alternatives?-img_2774-jpg

Audi SQ5 alternatives?-img_2777-jpg

Audi SQ5 alternatives?-img_2781-jpg
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast